Unlike the sex-charged Usher and Ciara singles, crunk, as reaffirmed here by the genre’s foremost technician, is more about rage than anything else. The songs are practically all hook — two to four refrains per track — with sentiments like ”I don’t give a f—, nigga, I don’t give a f—, ho,” and ”motherf— that nigga, motherf— that b —-” recited ad nauseam in Jon’s throaty growl. Most of the album’s musical triumphs — the creepy-cool movie soundtrack that is ”Da Blow,” the Chocolate City go-go anthem ”Aww Skeet Skeet” — are multilayered with over-the-top vitriolic rants and nausea-inducing misogyny. Come on, sing along: ”No more d— to your p—- , just d— to your throat/You ain’t gonna get no child support.” Catchy? Yep, like warts.
Crunk JuiceUnlike the sex-charged Usher and Ciara singles, crunk, as reaffirmed here by the genre's foremost technician, is more about rage than anything else. The...Crunk JuiceHip-Hop/RapUnlike the sex-charged Usher and Ciara singles, crunk, as reaffirmed here by the genre's foremost technician, is more about rage than anything else. The...2004-11-08
(Lil Jon: Rayon Richards / Retna Ltd.)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lil Jon; Producer (group): T
Posted November 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 'Phantasm: Remastered' poster: The Tall Man gets a grip
- WATCH: Here's your exclusive first look at 'Project Runway' season 15
- Marvel Tsum Tsums go from plush to digital in new mobile game
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall