Unlike the sex-charged Usher and Ciara singles, crunk, as reaffirmed here by the genre’s foremost technician, is more about rage than anything else. The songs are practically all hook — two to four refrains per track — with sentiments like ”I don’t give a f—, nigga, I don’t give a f—, ho,” and ”motherf— that nigga, motherf— that b —-” recited ad nauseam in Jon’s throaty growl. Most of the album’s musical triumphs — the creepy-cool movie soundtrack that is ”Da Blow,” the Chocolate City go-go anthem ”Aww Skeet Skeet” — are multilayered with over-the-top vitriolic rants and nausea-inducing misogyny. Come on, sing along: ”No more d— to your p—- , just d— to your throat/You ain’t gonna get no child support.” Catchy? Yep, like warts.
Crunk JuiceUnlike the sex-charged Usher and Ciara singles, crunk, as reaffirmed here by the genre's foremost technician, is more about rage than anything else. The...Crunk JuiceHip-Hop/RapUnlike the sex-charged Usher and Ciara singles, crunk, as reaffirmed here by the genre's foremost technician, is more about rage than anything else. The...2004-11-08
(Lil Jon: Rayon Richards / Retna Ltd.)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lil Jon; Producer (group): T
Posted November 8 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!