She had us at goodbye. You may be seeing a lot of Renée Zellweger in the short term, as she promotes Friday’s opening of Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, but after that, not for a while. The 35-year-old Oscar winner says she wants to take an extended break from acting. She has one more completed film awaiting release next year (boxing drama The Cinderella Man, opposite Russell Crowe), but otherwise, she tells Reuters, she wants to spend time out of the spotlight and simply ”be a girl” for a while. ”I don’t see myself climbing into a makeup chair any time soon and taking another role,” she says. ”I feel like I need to take a minute and have a little bit of life experience.” She didn’t say how long her sabbatical might last, only that she’s been on such a nonstop schedule for so long that she’s hardly been to her Los Angeles home since the day after she won her Oscar trophy for Cold Mountain in February. ”I put it [on my bedside table] so when I woke up in the morning I could see that I really did bring it home,” she said. ”I haven’t really been back until now.”
(Renee Zellweger: John D McHugh/AP)
Posted November 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Everything coming to Netflix in August
- 'American Crime': Timothy Hutton to return for season 3
- What to Watch Monday: Stephen Colbert goes live for DNC
- '7th Heaven' star: 'I was not necessarily the best actress'
- Beyoncé fan freaks out at Pokémon Go player during concert
- The company behind 'Pokémon Go' says trading is coming
- Fassbender: 'Alien: Covenant' will be 'much scarier' than 'Prometheus'
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'