She had us at goodbye. You may be seeing a lot of Renée Zellweger in the short term, as she promotes Friday’s opening of Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, but after that, not for a while. The 35-year-old Oscar winner says she wants to take an extended break from acting. She has one more completed film awaiting release next year (boxing drama The Cinderella Man, opposite Russell Crowe), but otherwise, she tells Reuters, she wants to spend time out of the spotlight and simply ”be a girl” for a while. ”I don’t see myself climbing into a makeup chair any time soon and taking another role,” she says. ”I feel like I need to take a minute and have a little bit of life experience.” She didn’t say how long her sabbatical might last, only that she’s been on such a nonstop schedule for so long that she’s hardly been to her Los Angeles home since the day after she won her Oscar trophy for Cold Mountain in February. ”I put it [on my bedside table] so when I woke up in the morning I could see that I really did bring it home,” she said. ”I haven’t really been back until now.”
(Renee Zellweger: John D McHugh/AP)
Posted November 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, more celebs spend July 4 on Instagram, Twitter
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!