She had us at goodbye. You may be seeing a lot of Renée Zellweger in the short term, as she promotes Friday’s opening of Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, but after that, not for a while. The 35-year-old Oscar winner says she wants to take an extended break from acting. She has one more completed film awaiting release next year (boxing drama The Cinderella Man, opposite Russell Crowe), but otherwise, she tells Reuters, she wants to spend time out of the spotlight and simply ”be a girl” for a while. ”I don’t see myself climbing into a makeup chair any time soon and taking another role,” she says. ”I feel like I need to take a minute and have a little bit of life experience.” She didn’t say how long her sabbatical might last, only that she’s been on such a nonstop schedule for so long that she’s hardly been to her Los Angeles home since the day after she won her Oscar trophy for Cold Mountain in February. ”I put it [on my bedside table] so when I woke up in the morning I could see that I really did bring it home,” she said. ”I haven’t really been back until now.”
(Renee Zellweger: John D McHugh/AP)
Posted November 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Predator' cowriter compares film to 'Aliens'
- WATCH: Katie Couric has learned to love her cellulite
- Kirk and Krall face off in new 'Star Trek Beyond' posters
- Surfer Blood guitarist Thomas Fekete dies after cancer battle
- 'The Hills' turns 10: 13 things we learned from Spencer Pratt
- Maya Rudolph & Martin Short dish on new variety series 'Maya & Marty'
- 18 artists and industry insiders pick their songs of the summer
- The Best 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' Jobs
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos