The video for this Run-DMC/Aerosmith collaboration collapsed the distance between rock and rap with a brutally simple image: Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler bashing through a wall with a mic stand. ”I think I ripped every muscle in my back,” he says. The video became a defining moment for both acts. ”’Walk This Way’ really brought three generations together,” says Darryl ”DMC” McDaniels. ”It brought the ’70s rockers, the ’80s hip-hop fans, and later the ’90s rap-rock generation. It was the connecting piece.”
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!