The video for this Run-DMC/Aerosmith collaboration collapsed the distance between rock and rap with a brutally simple image: Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler bashing through a wall with a mic stand. ”I think I ripped every muscle in my back,” he says. The video became a defining moment for both acts. ”’Walk This Way’ really brought three generations together,” says Darryl ”DMC” McDaniels. ”It brought the ’70s rockers, the ’80s hip-hop fans, and later the ’90s rap-rock generation. It was the connecting piece.”
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Adele’s '25' smashes records with first-week album sales
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo