The video for this Run-DMC/Aerosmith collaboration collapsed the distance between rock and rap with a brutally simple image: Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler bashing through a wall with a mic stand. ”I think I ripped every muscle in my back,” he says. The video became a defining moment for both acts. ”’Walk This Way’ really brought three generations together,” says Darryl ”DMC” McDaniels. ”It brought the ’70s rockers, the ’80s hip-hop fans, and later the ’90s rap-rock generation. It was the connecting piece.”
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor