The video for this Run-DMC/Aerosmith collaboration collapsed the distance between rock and rap with a brutally simple image: Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler bashing through a wall with a mic stand. ”I think I ripped every muscle in my back,” he says. The video became a defining moment for both acts. ”’Walk This Way’ really brought three generations together,” says Darryl ”DMC” McDaniels. ”It brought the ’70s rockers, the ’80s hip-hop fans, and later the ’90s rap-rock generation. It was the connecting piece.”
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Watch your emotions get dramatic in 'Inside Out' and 'Inception' mashup trailer
- 'Doctor Who' stars lend voices to 'Lego Dimensions' game
- Exclusive: Catch up on 'Rectify' with a 'Serial'-inspired podcast
- Let's rewatch the eerie first trailer for Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'
- U2 releases trailer for short film starring Woody Harrelson
- Mignolaverse and 'Hellboy' welcome iZombie co-creator Chris Roberson
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!