The video for this Run-DMC/Aerosmith collaboration collapsed the distance between rock and rap with a brutally simple image: Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler bashing through a wall with a mic stand. ”I think I ripped every muscle in my back,” he says. The video became a defining moment for both acts. ”’Walk This Way’ really brought three generations together,” says Darryl ”DMC” McDaniels. ”It brought the ’70s rockers, the ’80s hip-hop fans, and later the ’90s rap-rock generation. It was the connecting piece.”
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Destiny' sequel expected in 2017, major expansion coming this year
- AMC orders late-night talk show from Kevin Smith, Greg Grunberg
- How 'The Muppets' reinvented a brighter, funnier midseason
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Robert Redford narrates 'National Parks Adventure' doc
- 'Silicon Valley': See the first trailer for season 3
- CW sets premiere dates for 'Containment,' 'Beauty and the Beast'
- EW Staff Picks: Which other TV shows deserve the reboot/revival treatment?
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996