There’s little original about The Originals — and that’s not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to ’60s British mod spiked with well-worn teenage nihilism and a gangs-are-bad plot, drawn in black and white by retro stylist Dave Gibbons (Watchmen) — unlikely ingredients for a modern comics gem. But Originals is as smart as a fashion-forward suit. Gibbons’s evocation of the period is enveloping, and despite some too familiar turns, his tale about the longing for belonging and the dawning of conscience has the powerful tug of a timeless fable.
The Originals (Book) There's little original about The Originals — and that's not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to '60s British mod spiked...The Originals (Book)FictionDave Gibbons There's little original about The Originals — and that's not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to '60s British mod spiked...2004-11-12Vertigo
Genre: Fiction; Author: Dave Gibbons; Seasons: 2; Publisher: Vertigo
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Donald Trump thanks police, attacks 'Crooked Hillary' in Reddit AMA
- Lee Daniels makes impassioned plea for gun control reform at DNC
- Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron's DNC video
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels