There’s little original about The Originals — and that’s not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to ’60s British mod spiked with well-worn teenage nihilism and a gangs-are-bad plot, drawn in black and white by retro stylist Dave Gibbons (Watchmen) — unlikely ingredients for a modern comics gem. But Originals is as smart as a fashion-forward suit. Gibbons’s evocation of the period is enveloping, and despite some too familiar turns, his tale about the longing for belonging and the dawning of conscience has the powerful tug of a timeless fable.
The Originals (Book) There's little original about The Originals — and that's not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to '60s British mod spiked...The Originals (Book)FictionDave Gibbons There's little original about The Originals — and that's not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to '60s British mod spiked...2004-11-12Vertigo
Genre: Fiction; Author: Dave Gibbons; Seasons: 2; Publisher: Vertigo
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Darren Criss & Aaron Tveit duet 'Take Me or Leave Me' from 'Rent'
- Julian Seinfeld's lemonade stand shut down by the police
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!