There’s little original about The Originals — and that’s not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to ’60s British mod spiked with well-worn teenage nihilism and a gangs-are-bad plot, drawn in black and white by retro stylist Dave Gibbons (Watchmen) — unlikely ingredients for a modern comics gem. But Originals is as smart as a fashion-forward suit. Gibbons’s evocation of the period is enveloping, and despite some too familiar turns, his tale about the longing for belonging and the dawning of conscience has the powerful tug of a timeless fable.
The Originals (Book) There's little original about The Originals — and that's not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to '60s British mod spiked...The Originals (Book)FictionDave Gibbons There's little original about The Originals — and that's not really a bad thing. A fetishistic ode to '60s British mod spiked...2004-11-12Vertigo
Genre: Fiction; Author: Dave Gibbons; Seasons: 2; Publisher: Vertigo
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!