Their first quest to crash the charts, Unfinished Business, was stymied by R. Kelly’s nascent legal woes in 2002, hence the title of this formulaic bore of an album, which sees both performers shamelessly banking on their marquee names. Over soulless Track Masters-supplied party beats, Kelly croons insipid verses (he rhymes ”MTV” with ”BET” twice). Jay-Z also disappoints with dumbed-down lyrics that belie his true talents. For best results, listen to these modern marvels separately.
(R. Kelly and Jay-Z: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performers: Jay-Z, R. Kelly; Producer (group): Def Jam, Jive Records, Roc-A-Fella, Rockland
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!