Their first quest to crash the charts, Unfinished Business, was stymied by R. Kelly’s nascent legal woes in 2002, hence the title of this formulaic bore of an album, which sees both performers shamelessly banking on their marquee names. Over soulless Track Masters-supplied party beats, Kelly croons insipid verses (he rhymes ”MTV” with ”BET” twice). Jay-Z also disappoints with dumbed-down lyrics that belie his true talents. For best results, listen to these modern marvels separately.
(R. Kelly and Jay-Z: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performers: Jay-Z, R. Kelly; Producer (group): Def Jam, Jive Records, Roc-A-Fella, Rockland
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- Wrestling great Roddy Piper dies
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!