…or are the people behind the film version of Rent actually trying to screw things up? When it was announced Chris Columbus would direct the adaptation of Jonathan Larson’s Tony-winning 1996 musical, we held our tongues — even though Harry Potter and Home Alone are hardly suitable prep for a show about transvestites, drug users, and faux-hemians. But now that Revolution plans to use original Broadway cast members, we must ask: What? Won’t casting stage performers a decade too old to play the show’s feckless twentysomethings pose a credibility problem? Next thing we know, they’ll say New York City will be played by Vancouver.
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel