…or are the people behind the film version of Rent actually trying to screw things up? When it was announced Chris Columbus would direct the adaptation of Jonathan Larson’s Tony-winning 1996 musical, we held our tongues — even though Harry Potter and Home Alone are hardly suitable prep for a show about transvestites, drug users, and faux-hemians. But now that Revolution plans to use original Broadway cast members, we must ask: What? Won’t casting stage performers a decade too old to play the show’s feckless twentysomethings pose a credibility problem? Next thing we know, they’ll say New York City will be played by Vancouver.
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!