…or are the people behind the film version of Rent actually trying to screw things up? When it was announced Chris Columbus would direct the adaptation of Jonathan Larson’s Tony-winning 1996 musical, we held our tongues — even though Harry Potter and Home Alone are hardly suitable prep for a show about transvestites, drug users, and faux-hemians. But now that Revolution plans to use original Broadway cast members, we must ask: What? Won’t casting stage performers a decade too old to play the show’s feckless twentysomethings pose a credibility problem? Next thing we know, they’ll say New York City will be played by Vancouver.
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?