…or are the people behind the film version of Rent actually trying to screw things up? When it was announced Chris Columbus would direct the adaptation of Jonathan Larson’s Tony-winning 1996 musical, we held our tongues — even though Harry Potter and Home Alone are hardly suitable prep for a show about transvestites, drug users, and faux-hemians. But now that Revolution plans to use original Broadway cast members, we must ask: What? Won’t casting stage performers a decade too old to play the show’s feckless twentysomethings pose a credibility problem? Next thing we know, they’ll say New York City will be played by Vancouver.
Posted November 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mel Gibson: 'Passion of the Christ' sequel would focus on the resurrection
- 'SNL': Simone Biles pleads for Final Five to host
- 'Greenleaf' finale: Star Merle Dandridge spills season secrets
- Chris Brown already has new song a day after his arrest
- Disney's Tower of Terror ride gets January checkout date
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall