This is nuts,” declares killer doll Chucky (voiced by The Lord of the Rings’ Brad Dourif for 16 years now), ”and I have a very high tolerance for nuts.” That tolerance is tested in this fifth round of the winking, semi-subversive horror franchise, Seed of Chucky, which pits the demon moppet, his sexually confused son Glen (ex-hobbit Billy Boyd), and squeeze Tiffany (voiced by Jennifer Tilly) against…actress Jennifer Tilly, who comes upon the clan while shooting, yes, a Chucky movie. Scream it ain’t: The nonstop meta-jokes (including an inspired John Waters cameo) coagulate rather than spurt. But Tilly-as-Tilly, playing a C-lister who offers herself to Redman for the Virgin Mary role in his self-directed Bible epic (no foolin’!), deserves a medal for sportsmanship. By far, the most shocking carnage is Tilly carving up her persona. What a doll.
(Seed of Chucky: Rolf Konow)
Starring: Brad Dourif, Jennifer Tilly; Starring: Billy Boyd, Redman; Director: Don Mancini; Author: Don Mancini; Release Date Wide: 11/12/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus
Posted November 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!