This is nuts,” declares killer doll Chucky (voiced by The Lord of the Rings’ Brad Dourif for 16 years now), ”and I have a very high tolerance for nuts.” That tolerance is tested in this fifth round of the winking, semi-subversive horror franchise, Seed of Chucky, which pits the demon moppet, his sexually confused son Glen (ex-hobbit Billy Boyd), and squeeze Tiffany (voiced by Jennifer Tilly) against…actress Jennifer Tilly, who comes upon the clan while shooting, yes, a Chucky movie. Scream it ain’t: The nonstop meta-jokes (including an inspired John Waters cameo) coagulate rather than spurt. But Tilly-as-Tilly, playing a C-lister who offers herself to Redman for the Virgin Mary role in his self-directed Bible epic (no foolin’!), deserves a medal for sportsmanship. By far, the most shocking carnage is Tilly carving up her persona. What a doll.
(Seed of Chucky: Rolf Konow)
Starring: Brad Dourif, Jennifer Tilly; Starring: Billy Boyd, Redman; Director: Don Mancini; Author: Don Mancini; Release Date Wide: 11/12/2004; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus
Posted November 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'