This is nuts,” declares killer doll Chucky (voiced by The Lord of the Rings’ Brad Dourif for 16 years now), ”and I have a very high tolerance for nuts.” That tolerance is tested in this fifth round of the winking, semi-subversive horror franchise, Seed of Chucky, which pits the demon moppet, his sexually confused son Glen (ex-hobbit Billy Boyd), and squeeze Tiffany (voiced by Jennifer Tilly) against…actress Jennifer Tilly, who comes upon the clan while shooting, yes, a Chucky movie. Scream it ain’t: The nonstop meta-jokes (including an inspired John Waters cameo) coagulate rather than spurt. But Tilly-as-Tilly, playing a C-lister who offers herself to Redman for the Virgin Mary role in his self-directed Bible epic (no foolin’!), deserves a medal for sportsmanship. By far, the most shocking carnage is Tilly carving up her persona. What a doll.
(Seed of Chucky: Rolf Konow)
Starring: Brad Dourif, Jennifer Tilly; Starring: Billy Boyd, Redman; Director: Don Mancini; Author: Don Mancini; Release Date Wide: 11/12/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus
Posted November 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Action Bronson removed from main stage of NXNE in wake of petition
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Lifetime's 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe' is hardly revealing
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!