The long wait to find the next Fantasia, Clay, Ruben, or Kelly is almost over. Fox announced that the fourth season of American Idol will kick off with a two-hour premiere on Jan. 18. First, of course, the judges will find the next William Hung, as early episodes track auditions held a couple months ago in Cleveland, St. Louis, Washington, D.C., New Orleans, Orlando, Las Vegas, and San Francisco. After three weeks of hearing the most self-deluded singers in America, there’ll be two weeks of semifinals beginning Feb. 8. Performance shows finally begin on Feb. 22. So start exercising your thumbs, text-messaging voters.
Posted November 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'We Are Your Friends' among the top 10 worst wide-release openings in box office history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!