The long wait to find the next Fantasia, Clay, Ruben, or Kelly is almost over. Fox announced that the fourth season of American Idol will kick off with a two-hour premiere on Jan. 18. First, of course, the judges will find the next William Hung, as early episodes track auditions held a couple months ago in Cleveland, St. Louis, Washington, D.C., New Orleans, Orlando, Las Vegas, and San Francisco. After three weeks of hearing the most self-deluded singers in America, there’ll be two weeks of semifinals beginning Feb. 8. Performance shows finally begin on Feb. 22. So start exercising your thumbs, text-messaging voters.
Posted November 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters