The long wait to find the next Fantasia, Clay, Ruben, or Kelly is almost over. Fox announced that the fourth season of American Idol will kick off with a two-hour premiere on Jan. 18. First, of course, the judges will find the next William Hung, as early episodes track auditions held a couple months ago in Cleveland, St. Louis, Washington, D.C., New Orleans, Orlando, Las Vegas, and San Francisco. After three weeks of hearing the most self-deluded singers in America, there’ll be two weeks of semifinals beginning Feb. 8. Performance shows finally begin on Feb. 22. So start exercising your thumbs, text-messaging voters.
Posted November 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Game of Thrones,' 'OUAT,' 'Grey's' and more
- Harry Styles chops off his hair for charity
- 'Elementary' finale sneak peek: Sherlock vs Moriarty's group!
- Adele helps couple get engaged and offers to be their surrogate
- Ashley Tisdale is a call girl in 'Amateur Night' trailer
- 6 things we learned at 'Being Meryl Streep' event in New York
- How Spider-Man became the MVP of 'Captain America: Civil War'