Take one listen to this Brit quartet — with its spastic guitars, Thames-deep accents, and garnished harmonies — and you’ll swear the Proclaimers have gone punk. That’s a frightening scenario, but Futureheads wisely keeps things short, sharp, and shocked on The Futureheads: ”Robot” sounds like a nursery rhyme as imagined by Wire, while ”Le Garage” goes from hymn to head-nodding anthem in just under two minutes. Yet another reason for us to think about moving overseas.
(The Futureheads: Chris McKay / Retna)
Producer (group): Sire
Posted November 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters