Well, that didn’t take long. Lisa Kudrow is joining Matt LeBlanc among the former Friends castmates going solo in the sitcom world. According to the Hollywood Reporter, HBO has picked up 13 episodes of Comeback, in which Kudrow will play a former sitcom star trying to restart her career. (Sounds like a real stretch.) The show will serve as a possible replacement for the departed Sex and the City, especially since Sex writer-producer Michael Patrick King directed and cowrote the pilot episode and is coproducing the series with Kudrow. Let’s just hope this doesn’t mean we’ll see Kudrow’s character forced to choose between an icy Russian artist and a brash New York tycoon.
Posted November 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Football stars cheer 'Eddie the Eagle' in film’s Super Bowl spot
- T.J. Miller reveals some of the lines too dirty for 'Deadpool'
- Nicholas Sparks: 'No one wanted to play Noah' in 'The Notebook'
- Emma Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch named visiting fellows at Oxford
- Salma Hayek visits ER in ‘inappropriate’ shirt after on-set injury
- 'The Witch' is 'a Puritan's nightmare' in new featurette
- War is coming in the 'Gods of Egypt' Super Bowl TV spot