Well, that didn’t take long. Lisa Kudrow is joining Matt LeBlanc among the former Friends castmates going solo in the sitcom world. According to the Hollywood Reporter, HBO has picked up 13 episodes of Comeback, in which Kudrow will play a former sitcom star trying to restart her career. (Sounds like a real stretch.) The show will serve as a possible replacement for the departed Sex and the City, especially since Sex writer-producer Michael Patrick King directed and cowrote the pilot episode and is coproducing the series with Kudrow. Let’s just hope this doesn’t mean we’ll see Kudrow’s character forced to choose between an icy Russian artist and a brash New York tycoon.
Posted November 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!