Well, that didn’t take long. Lisa Kudrow is joining Matt LeBlanc among the former Friends castmates going solo in the sitcom world. According to the Hollywood Reporter, HBO has picked up 13 episodes of Comeback, in which Kudrow will play a former sitcom star trying to restart her career. (Sounds like a real stretch.) The show will serve as a possible replacement for the departed Sex and the City, especially since Sex writer-producer Michael Patrick King directed and cowrote the pilot episode and is coproducing the series with Kudrow. Let’s just hope this doesn’t mean we’ll see Kudrow’s character forced to choose between an icy Russian artist and a brash New York tycoon.
Posted November 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- Hulu executive explains decision to pull '19 Kids & Counting'
- Mariah Carey calls 'American Idol' stint as 'the worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy
- Hilary Duff shares the track listing for 'Breathe In. Breathe Out.'