Well, that didn’t take long. Lisa Kudrow is joining Matt LeBlanc among the former Friends castmates going solo in the sitcom world. According to the Hollywood Reporter, HBO has picked up 13 episodes of Comeback, in which Kudrow will play a former sitcom star trying to restart her career. (Sounds like a real stretch.) The show will serve as a possible replacement for the departed Sex and the City, especially since Sex writer-producer Michael Patrick King directed and cowrote the pilot episode and is coproducing the series with Kudrow. Let’s just hope this doesn’t mean we’ll see Kudrow’s character forced to choose between an icy Russian artist and a brash New York tycoon.
Posted November 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Congresswoman quotes Albus Dumbledore during DNC speech
- Elvis Presley's electric guitar set for auction
- 'The Flash' movie adds 'Dope' actress Kiersey Clemons as female lead
- Christina Grimmie's final music videos to be released next month
- Beyoncé collaborator Diana Gordon drops soulful new track
- Eddie Redmayne to star in 'The Last Days of Night' movie adaptation
- Boyz II Men perform at the DNC in Philadelphia
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'