It’s 1903, and J.M. Barrie (Johnny Depp) is stuck in an icy marriage. Then he meets Sylvia Llewelyn Davies (Kate Winslet) and her brood of four boys. This surrogate family of latter-day childhood moves him to write Peter Pan. A caressingly sweet literary fairy tale, the movie glows, all right. It just never soars.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Julie Christie, Freddie Highmore, Dustin Hoffman, Radha Mitchell; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Allan Knee, David Magee; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 26 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Jason Isaacs to play villain in Gore Verbinski's horror flick 'A Cure for Wellness'
- 'Stitchers' react: Ambitious premise loses its thread
- Jay Rock shares introspective 'Money Trees Deuce'
- 'Entourage' becomes next victim of 'Honest Trailers' treatment
- 'Paper Towns' trailer sets up the mystery of Margo
- Twisted Sister documentary acquired by Music Box Films
- Gillian Anderson-led 'Streetcar Named Desire' coming to New York