It’s 1903, and J.M. Barrie (Johnny Depp) is stuck in an icy marriage. Then he meets Sylvia Llewelyn Davies (Kate Winslet) and her brood of four boys. This surrogate family of latter-day childhood moves him to write Peter Pan. A caressingly sweet literary fairy tale, the movie glows, all right. It just never soars.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Julie Christie, Freddie Highmore, Dustin Hoffman, Radha Mitchell; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Allan Knee, David Magee; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 26 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- EW Recommends The Last Man on Earth, Grace and Frankie, and more
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Swisher joins untitled Tommy Johnagin pilot
- On the Books: 'Clueless' star Stacey Dash signs book deal
- Kelly Osbourne is leaving E!'s Fashion Police
- 'Focus': The reviews are in...