It’s 1903, and J.M. Barrie (Johnny Depp) is stuck in an icy marriage. Then he meets Sylvia Llewelyn Davies (Kate Winslet) and her brood of four boys. This surrogate family of latter-day childhood moves him to write Peter Pan. A caressingly sweet literary fairy tale, the movie glows, all right. It just never soars.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Julie Christie, Freddie Highmore, Dustin Hoffman, Radha Mitchell; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Allan Knee, David Magee; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Miramax
Posted November 26 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover
- Marvel teases 'Ant-Man' in fake news report