Who’d have thought that after acing their foray into reality TV, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey would lay such a rotten egg with the good old-fashioned Nick & Jessica Variety Hour? After all, they’re supposed to be entertainers, right? But the only entertainment here is of the unintentional kind. Jessica’s facial contortions while overemoting on her duet with Jewel? Funny as a fun-house mirror. Nick’s harmonizing with K.I.T.T. the car from Knight Rider? Arrestingly idiotic. Nick and Jess making like Sonny and Cher for the closing, dueling-belters number ”I Got You Babe”? Pure, campy kitsch. All this plus guest appearances by Mr. T and Johnny Bench! Do-ya-love-it? EXTRAS None, and that’s a shame: A behind-the-scenes look at the making of this train wreck might have been perversely irresistible. You know, like a bad reality show.
Posted December 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure, NKOTB star recreate adorable photo
- Lifetime making Britney Spears biopic
- Delta to stop airing Chris Rock special containing anti-gay slur
- Donald Trump slams famous Hillary supporters as 'not hot anymore'
- 'Stranger Things' and 'Parks & Rec': Jean-Ralphio is Steve's son, star says
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars': Three queens spill the tea on season 2 twist
- 'Mr. Robot': When a big twist isn't really a twist at all
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...