Who’d have thought that after acing their foray into reality TV, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey would lay such a rotten egg with the good old-fashioned Nick & Jessica Variety Hour? After all, they’re supposed to be entertainers, right? But the only entertainment here is of the unintentional kind. Jessica’s facial contortions while overemoting on her duet with Jewel? Funny as a fun-house mirror. Nick’s harmonizing with K.I.T.T. the car from Knight Rider? Arrestingly idiotic. Nick and Jess making like Sonny and Cher for the closing, dueling-belters number ”I Got You Babe”? Pure, campy kitsch. All this plus guest appearances by Mr. T and Johnny Bench! Do-ya-love-it? EXTRAS None, and that’s a shame: A behind-the-scenes look at the making of this train wreck might have been perversely irresistible. You know, like a bad reality show.
Posted December 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!