Who’d have thought that after acing their foray into reality TV, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey would lay such a rotten egg with the good old-fashioned Nick & Jessica Variety Hour? After all, they’re supposed to be entertainers, right? But the only entertainment here is of the unintentional kind. Jessica’s facial contortions while overemoting on her duet with Jewel? Funny as a fun-house mirror. Nick’s harmonizing with K.I.T.T. the car from Knight Rider? Arrestingly idiotic. Nick and Jess making like Sonny and Cher for the closing, dueling-belters number ”I Got You Babe”? Pure, campy kitsch. All this plus guest appearances by Mr. T and Johnny Bench! Do-ya-love-it? EXTRAS None, and that’s a shame: A behind-the-scenes look at the making of this train wreck might have been perversely irresistible. You know, like a bad reality show.
Posted December 3 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Game of Thrones producer on the sudden return of that character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers