George Jones didn’t live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc collection includes one tune from each year since he busted out with 1955’s ”Why Baby Why” — a great repackaging conceit that won’t soon be copied. Strict chronology allows for fun realizations, like how it’s been almost half his career since he bemoaned classic country’s passing with 1985’s ”Who’s Gonna Fill Their Shoes”; here he is, happily, still refusing to hand over his loafers.
50 Years of HitsGeorge Jones didn't live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc...50 Years of HitsCountryGeorge Jones didn't live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc...2004-12-06
(George Jones: AP)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: George Jones; Producer (group): Bandit
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sphero's BB-8 toy: You want this
- See Ethan Hawke as Chet Baker in a 'Born to Be Blue' clip
- Boba Fett finally escapes Tatooine in fan-made trailer
- 'Mr. Robot' creator explains why you were supposed to guess the big twist
- How Soundgarden's Chris Cornell overcame stage fright for new solo set
- 'Contracted: Phase II' director talks about his 'surreal' VMAs experience
- Sneak Peek: Early scoop from EW's Shondaland issue
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!