George Jones didn’t live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc collection includes one tune from each year since he busted out with 1955’s ”Why Baby Why” — a great repackaging conceit that won’t soon be copied. Strict chronology allows for fun realizations, like how it’s been almost half his career since he bemoaned classic country’s passing with 1985’s ”Who’s Gonna Fill Their Shoes”; here he is, happily, still refusing to hand over his loafers.
50 Years of HitsGeorge Jones didn't live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc...50 Years of HitsCountryGeorge Jones didn't live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc...2004-12-06
(George Jones: AP)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: George Jones; Producer (group): Bandit
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Amy Schumer, Bill Hader helped Pete Davidson land 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'San Andreas': What did the critics say?
- Bill Cosby loses appeal to dismiss sexual assault lawsuit
- Two lost albums from The Doors coming back this fall
- Watch Ed Sheeran's GMA performance right now
- Ryan Reynolds thanks fans for support as 'Deadpool' production wraps
- Soul-sucking dementor wasps, the Harry Potter illustrated edition, and more J.K. Rowling news
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!