George Jones didn’t live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc collection includes one tune from each year since he busted out with 1955’s ”Why Baby Why” — a great repackaging conceit that won’t soon be copied. Strict chronology allows for fun realizations, like how it’s been almost half his career since he bemoaned classic country’s passing with 1985’s ”Who’s Gonna Fill Their Shoes”; here he is, happily, still refusing to hand over his loafers.
50 Years of HitsGeorge Jones didn't live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc...50 Years of HitsCountryGeorge Jones didn't live up to his touring nick-name, No Show, when it came to visiting the studio. On 50 Years of Hits, this three-disc...2004-12-06
(George Jones: AP)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: George Jones; Producer (group): Bandit
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses reveal who those new guys AREN'T
- Man builds a tiny Jurassic Park for his pet tortoise
- Universal schedules third monster movie for Presidents Day 2019
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston have a dance-off at the Met Gala
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast