Anne Perry’s new Victorian thriller unspools deep in the English Lake District, shrouded in the gloom and chill of winter. Three brothers plan to reunite one Christmas at Dreghorn, the family estate, but before the festivities, one dies, slipping on frozen stones in a stream. Accidental death or murder? It’s up to the widow’s godfather, Henry Rathbone — one of Perry’s recurring characters — to sift through the clues, many of which disappear with each fresh snowfall and thaw. At 199 pages, A Christmas Visitor is one of Perry’s slightest offerings, but satisfyingly dark and suspenseful.
A Christmas Visitor Anne Perry's new Victorian thriller unspools deep in the English Lake District, shrouded in the gloom and chill of winter. Three brothers plan to...A Christmas VisitorFictionAnne Perry Anne Perry's new Victorian thriller unspools deep in the English Lake District, shrouded in the gloom and chill of winter. Three brothers plan to...2004-12-06Ballantine
Genre: Fiction; Author: Anne Perry; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sony reaches settlement in hacking lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' raffle with his own contest
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!