Anne Perry’s new Victorian thriller unspools deep in the English Lake District, shrouded in the gloom and chill of winter. Three brothers plan to reunite one Christmas at Dreghorn, the family estate, but before the festivities, one dies, slipping on frozen stones in a stream. Accidental death or murder? It’s up to the widow’s godfather, Henry Rathbone — one of Perry’s recurring characters — to sift through the clues, many of which disappear with each fresh snowfall and thaw. At 199 pages, A Christmas Visitor is one of Perry’s slightest offerings, but satisfyingly dark and suspenseful.
A Christmas Visitor Anne Perry's new Victorian thriller unspools deep in the English Lake District, shrouded in the gloom and chill of winter. Three brothers plan to...A Christmas VisitorFictionAnne Perry Anne Perry's new Victorian thriller unspools deep in the English Lake District, shrouded in the gloom and chill of winter. Three brothers plan to...2004-12-06Ballantine
Genre: Fiction; Author: Anne Perry; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!