Allow us to introduce a new literary genre: book couture. For fashion worshippers reluctant to actually read (and risk a furrowed brow?!) come a slew of glossy coffee-table books filled with fashion spreads of the famous and beautiful. Designers Tom Ford and Carolina Herrera have their own tomes, while boutique publishing house Assouline is offering a classy Donna Karan pictorial, as well as a gaudy tribute to music featuring Dolce & Gabbana mannequins like Madonna, Beyoncé, and J. Lo. Says model-turned-author Kelly Killoren Bensimon, whose American Style is Assouline’s latest release: ”I think the coffee-table book is a great medium because the format’s big.” Spoken like a true literary lion.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- How Tituss Burgess nearly missed his '30 Rock' audition
- Atlas Genius booked their fantasy festival and made us a playlist for it
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!