Allow us to introduce a new literary genre: book couture. For fashion worshippers reluctant to actually read (and risk a furrowed brow?!) come a slew of glossy coffee-table books filled with fashion spreads of the famous and beautiful. Designers Tom Ford and Carolina Herrera have their own tomes, while boutique publishing house Assouline is offering a classy Donna Karan pictorial, as well as a gaudy tribute to music featuring Dolce & Gabbana mannequins like Madonna, Beyoncé, and J. Lo. Says model-turned-author Kelly Killoren Bensimon, whose American Style is Assouline’s latest release: ”I think the coffee-table book is a great medium because the format’s big.” Spoken like a true literary lion.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Evanescence's Amy Lee debuts adorable 'If You're a Star' music video
- Vin Diesel teases 'Fast 8' trailer release date
- A London bookstore is offering a chance to win free books for life
- 'The Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman reveals his 'wildest swing'
- Elle King wants to officiate your wedding on her new tour
- Ron Howard dishes about his Beatles documentary
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Hernandez knocked down by stagecrasher