Allow us to introduce a new literary genre: book couture. For fashion worshippers reluctant to actually read (and risk a furrowed brow?!) come a slew of glossy coffee-table books filled with fashion spreads of the famous and beautiful. Designers Tom Ford and Carolina Herrera have their own tomes, while boutique publishing house Assouline is offering a classy Donna Karan pictorial, as well as a gaudy tribute to music featuring Dolce & Gabbana mannequins like Madonna, Beyoncé, and J. Lo. Says model-turned-author Kelly Killoren Bensimon, whose American Style is Assouline’s latest release: ”I think the coffee-table book is a great medium because the format’s big.” Spoken like a true literary lion.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Box office report: 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' fall flat
- Best moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!