Allow us to introduce a new literary genre: book couture. For fashion worshippers reluctant to actually read (and risk a furrowed brow?!) come a slew of glossy coffee-table books filled with fashion spreads of the famous and beautiful. Designers Tom Ford and Carolina Herrera have their own tomes, while boutique publishing house Assouline is offering a classy Donna Karan pictorial, as well as a gaudy tribute to music featuring Dolce & Gabbana mannequins like Madonna, Beyoncé, and J. Lo. Says model-turned-author Kelly Killoren Bensimon, whose American Style is Assouline’s latest release: ”I think the coffee-table book is a great medium because the format’s big.” Spoken like a true literary lion.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyoncé adds new dates to Formation tour
- Avengers take on Ultron in 'Marvel Heroes 2016' game update
- The Hold Steady announce 'Boys & Girls in America' anniversary shows
- How Hot 97 inspired Anohni's dark new album 'Hopelessness'
- WATCH: Viggo Mortensen looking for answers in 'Captain Fantastic' clip
- Bethany Cosentino slams music industry sexism on 'The Daily Show'
- Train announces Led Zeppelin cover album