On Nov. 30, California real estate agent Nancy Zerg toppled 74-time Jeopardy! winner Ken Jennings, giving nerds everywhere a reason to dream again. Bright side to losing: Jennings will receive lifetime financial advice from Final Jeopardy! answer H&R Block. We called the tax preparers’ senior VP David Byers to find out how much of his $2.5 million Kenny Boy is gonna keep (about half), but then Byers took it a step further: ”Thank goodness he didn’t win with [his incorrect answer] FedEx, because what would they have given him? Free shipping for life?” The gauntlet has been thrown, package monkeys.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!