On Nov. 30, California real estate agent Nancy Zerg toppled 74-time Jeopardy! winner Ken Jennings, giving nerds everywhere a reason to dream again. Bright side to losing: Jennings will receive lifetime financial advice from Final Jeopardy! answer H&R Block. We called the tax preparers’ senior VP David Byers to find out how much of his $2.5 million Kenny Boy is gonna keep (about half), but then Byers took it a step further: ”Thank goodness he didn’t win with [his incorrect answer] FedEx, because what would they have given him? Free shipping for life?” The gauntlet has been thrown, package monkeys.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!