On Nov. 30, California real estate agent Nancy Zerg toppled 74-time Jeopardy! winner Ken Jennings, giving nerds everywhere a reason to dream again. Bright side to losing: Jennings will receive lifetime financial advice from Final Jeopardy! answer H&R Block. We called the tax preparers’ senior VP David Byers to find out how much of his $2.5 million Kenny Boy is gonna keep (about half), but then Byers took it a step further: ”Thank goodness he didn’t win with [his incorrect answer] FedEx, because what would they have given him? Free shipping for life?” The gauntlet has been thrown, package monkeys.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' dies
- Leonard Nimoy's legacy: A long and prosperous life remembered
- Leonard Nimoy: EW's Jeff Jensen talks 'passing of the torch' moment with Zachary Quinto
- Bill Cosby seeks dismissal of lawsuit
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Craig Ferguson to star in ABC’s comedy pilot 'The King of 7B'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder,' 'Chicago Fire,' 'Agents of SHIELD,' more fresh TV spoilers