On Nov. 30, California real estate agent Nancy Zerg toppled 74-time Jeopardy! winner Ken Jennings, giving nerds everywhere a reason to dream again. Bright side to losing: Jennings will receive lifetime financial advice from Final Jeopardy! answer H&R Block. We called the tax preparers’ senior VP David Byers to find out how much of his $2.5 million Kenny Boy is gonna keep (about half), but then Byers took it a step further: ”Thank goodness he didn’t win with [his incorrect answer] FedEx, because what would they have given him? Free shipping for life?” The gauntlet has been thrown, package monkeys.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Royals' star Alexandra Park previews a 'twisted' season 2
- Gabourey Sidibe blogs the latest episode of 'Empire,' 'Fires of Heaven'
- The 'Felicity' Love Triangle: Did she make the right choice?
- Great night for 'Arrow,' but 'Empire' is still king
- John Boyega on playing a black Stormtrooper: The backlash was 'unnecessary'
- Ralph Bakshi's 'Last Days of Coney Island' to premiere on Vimeo
- 'The Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero previews the 'explosive' season premiere