Here’s a riddle to top the rest in National Treasure: What’s dark but frosted, and as fake-looking as a souvenir-store Declaration of Independence? Ye olde hairstyle of Nicolas Cage’s nerdy Revolutionary history buff, Ben Gates. The ‘do isn’t Donald-Trump-comb-over or Joe-Pesci-in-My-Cousin-Vinny bad. But the painted-in hairline of Ben’s pompadour (accessorized with Elvis-style sideburns) looks as jarringly artificial as a founding father’s powdered wig.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Suicide Squad': Who's who in the new cast photo
- EW's 2015 Baby Power List: Princess Charlotte debuts at...?
- Charlize Theron on going bald for 'Mad Max'
- Jaden Smith deletes his Twitter
- Domhnall Gleeson talks 'Star Wars' while playing 'Star Wars'
- Match these 'Star Wars' characters with their home worlds
- Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: How 'Avengers' and 'X-Men' introduced the same character differently
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!