Here’s a riddle to top the rest in National Treasure: What’s dark but frosted, and as fake-looking as a souvenir-store Declaration of Independence? Ye olde hairstyle of Nicolas Cage’s nerdy Revolutionary history buff, Ben Gates. The ‘do isn’t Donald-Trump-comb-over or Joe-Pesci-in-My-Cousin-Vinny bad. But the painted-in hairline of Ben’s pompadour (accessorized with Elvis-style sideburns) looks as jarringly artificial as a founding father’s powdered wig.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!