Here’s a riddle to top the rest in National Treasure: What’s dark but frosted, and as fake-looking as a souvenir-store Declaration of Independence? Ye olde hairstyle of Nicolas Cage’s nerdy Revolutionary history buff, Ben Gates. The ‘do isn’t Donald-Trump-comb-over or Joe-Pesci-in-My-Cousin-Vinny bad. But the painted-in hairline of Ben’s pompadour (accessorized with Elvis-style sideburns) looks as jarringly artificial as a founding father’s powdered wig.
Posted December 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!