At 71, James Brown may still think of himself as the hardest working man in show business; as a result he’s not even going to let prostate cancer slow him down. Brown acknowledged he has the ailment in a statement to the Associated Press, saying, ”I have overcome a lot of things in my life. I will overcome this as well.” The announcement came Friday, the night after he finished a two-week tour of Canada. Brown, who’s also a diabetic, will undergo cancer surgery on Dec. 15. After a three-week convalescence, he’s still planning to make promotional appearances next month to plug his upcoming autobiography, I Feel Good: A Memoir of a Life of Soul. Then he’s due to go back on the road in early 2005 with a tour of Australia and Asia. That’s the kind of schedule that could leave even younger performers in a cold sweat.
(James Brown: Ed Bailey/AP)
Posted December 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel