AGE 23 HOMETOWN Greenwich, Conn. HER BREAKOUT MOMENT Tapped by M. Night Shyamalan for the lead in The Village, the stage actress opened eyes with her stirring portrayal of a brave blind girl — and, better yet, earned a Hollywood credit that doesn’t include the words ”Ron Howard’s kid.” HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BREAK OUT? ”Whenever I hear the word ‘breakout,’ I associate it with acne.” Sorry about that. GETTING ALONG FAMOUSLY ”I’ve been recognized maybe three or four times since The Village,” she says. ”It wasn’t strange because I’m used to it just from walking around with my pops.” PASS THE ANTIOXIDANTS ”I will never reach the success that my dad has felt. He’s 50 years old and he’s been working in the business for 48 years,” she says with a laugh. ”I’d have to be 180 to get to where he is!” WHAT’S NEXT Taking over Nicole Kidman’s part in Lars von Trier’s Dogville sequel, Manderlay, out next year.
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds’ daughter had cutest reaction to Super Bowl ad
- Get your first look at 'The Flash'-'Supergirl’ crossover
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds wants 9 daughters
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday