AGE 23 HOMETOWN Greenwich, Conn. HER BREAKOUT MOMENT Tapped by M. Night Shyamalan for the lead in The Village, the stage actress opened eyes with her stirring portrayal of a brave blind girl — and, better yet, earned a Hollywood credit that doesn’t include the words ”Ron Howard’s kid.” HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BREAK OUT? ”Whenever I hear the word ‘breakout,’ I associate it with acne.” Sorry about that. GETTING ALONG FAMOUSLY ”I’ve been recognized maybe three or four times since The Village,” she says. ”It wasn’t strange because I’m used to it just from walking around with my pops.” PASS THE ANTIOXIDANTS ”I will never reach the success that my dad has felt. He’s 50 years old and he’s been working in the business for 48 years,” she says with a laugh. ”I’d have to be 180 to get to where he is!” WHAT’S NEXT Taking over Nicole Kidman’s part in Lars von Trier’s Dogville sequel, Manderlay, out next year.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Which character has the worst luck?
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Q&A: J.K. Rowling bibliographer Philip W. Errington tells us even more Harry Potter secrets
- The Winklevii will have a cameo on 'Silicon Valley'
- Masi Oka's Hiro Nakamura will return for 'Heroes Reborn'
- Drea de Matteo loses apartment in fire
- 'Fifty Shades' sequel: Who should direct it?
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!