What does it take for a star to be born? Talent, ambition, luck — and, for the assembled luminaries on 2004’s breakout list (a distinguished group that includes Kanye West, Zach Braff, and Summer’s pixie-haired frenemy from The O.C.), that all-important career-making moment. Leading the pack is teen queen Lindsay Lohan, who won’t let tabloids, paparazzi, or boy trouble keep her from getting to the top of the Hollywood ladder.
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Maze Runner': Dylan O'Brien in new image from 'The Scorch Trials' (EW exclusive)
- 13 reasons why 'Fast & Furious 6' has the greatest barbecue
Shark Week 2015:
Eli Roth previews Shark After Dark
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Agent Carter,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'You’re the Worst' and more
- Tracy Morgan visits Disney to celebrate daughter's birthday
- 'Outlander' season 2 First Look: Claire and Jamie take Paris
- 'Kick-Ass' writer Mark Millar creates a small-town superhero in his new comic 'Huck' – exclusive first look
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!