What does it take for a star to be born? Talent, ambition, luck — and, for the assembled luminaries on 2004’s breakout list (a distinguished group that includes Kanye West, Zach Braff, and Summer’s pixie-haired frenemy from The O.C.), that all-important career-making moment. Leading the pack is teen queen Lindsay Lohan, who won’t let tabloids, paparazzi, or boy trouble keep her from getting to the top of the Hollywood ladder.
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!