The House of Ideas sure has had some crackpot ones over the years. Now they’ve gone and let hot scribe Brian Michael Bendis put an end to the Avengers as we know them, killing off Hawkeye, Ant-Man, and the Vision. Which would all be fine by us — really — except that Bendis plans to put Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Daredevil (a.k.a. Marvel’s three most shamelessly overused heroes) into the reconstituted Avengers. Face it, no matter how gripping the upcoming scripts (and New Avengers #1’s use of hoary Spidey foe Electro didn’t electrify us), it’s gonna take some powerful mojo to convince us this is anything but a marketing ploy hatched by the Cynic.
New Avengers #1 The House of Ideas sure has had some crackpot ones over the years. Now they've gone and let hot scribe Brian Michael Bendis put an end to the Avengers...New Avengers #1FictionBrian Michael Bendis The House of Ideas sure has had some crackpot ones over the years. Now they've gone and let hot scribe Brian Michael Bendis put an end to the Avengers...2004-12-13
Genre: Fiction; Author: Brian Michael Bendis
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!