Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a knot: Will celluloid star Gerard Butler fill Michael Crawford’s mask? How can fresh-faced Emmy Rossum compare with chipmunk-cheeked Sarah Brightman? Can Minnie Driver sing show tunes? Relax. Driver’s diva gets dubbed, Butler’s a warm (if limited) vocalist, Rossum’s soprano shimmers…and ALW’s pseudo-Puccini melodies are as gleefully pompous as ever.
The Phantom of the Opera Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber's 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a...The Phantom of the OperaSoundtracks Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber's 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a...2004-12-13
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Sony Classical
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- Robert De Niro to NYU students: 'You're f--ked'
- Kurt Sutter's new series a go at FX
- Mike Huckabee posts support for Duggars
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Golan the Insatiable' with Aubrey Plaza and Rob Riggle: First Look trailer
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!