Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a knot: Will celluloid star Gerard Butler fill Michael Crawford’s mask? How can fresh-faced Emmy Rossum compare with chipmunk-cheeked Sarah Brightman? Can Minnie Driver sing show tunes? Relax. Driver’s diva gets dubbed, Butler’s a warm (if limited) vocalist, Rossum’s soprano shimmers…and ALW’s pseudo-Puccini melodies are as gleefully pompous as ever.
The Phantom of the Opera Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber's 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a...The Phantom of the OperaSoundtracks Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber's 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a...2004-12-13
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Sony Classical
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!