Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a knot: Will celluloid star Gerard Butler fill Michael Crawford’s mask? How can fresh-faced Emmy Rossum compare with chipmunk-cheeked Sarah Brightman? Can Minnie Driver sing show tunes? Relax. Driver’s diva gets dubbed, Butler’s a warm (if limited) vocalist, Rossum’s soprano shimmers…and ALW’s pseudo-Puccini melodies are as gleefully pompous as ever.
The Phantom of the Opera Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber's 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a...The Phantom of the OperaSoundtracks Finally, Andrew Lloyd Webber's 18-year-old musical gets a movie makeover, yet Phantom of the Opera purists have their knickers in a...2004-12-13
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Sony Classical
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama to appear on 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee'
- The CW unveils its holiday specials lineup
- 'Two and a Half Men' star Angus T. Jones: 'I got pretty doomsday'
- 'The Flash' first look: Time to meet Caitlin Snow's mom!
- Stephen Colbert teases election night special in sultry promo
- 'PLL' showrunner pens emotional note on final day of filming
- 'Pitch': How Kevin Connolly's debut will shake up the Padres
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like