Cam’ron’s world — a pink-and-purple paradise teeming with loose women and drug money — is a sinfully great place to visit on Purple Haze. The beats (courtesy of Kanye, among others) are as hyperkinetic as the humor is twisted: Cam likens himself to ”the plant in Little Shop of Horrors” at one point. And the ridiculous laughs duly complement an off-the-charts arrogance that makes Jay-Z seem bashful. Once again, Cam proves why he is hip-hop’s best guilty pleasure.
(Cam'Ron: Kenneth Cappello/Retna)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Cam'ron; Producer (group): Roc-A-Fella; Status: In Season
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Christine Lahti cast opposite Terry O'Quinn in ABC's 'The Adversaries'
- Zachary Quinto remembers Leonard Nimoy as a 'father figure'
- Wilmer Valderrama signs on to Fox's 'Minority Report' pilot
- 'The Good Wife' recap: No harm, no foul, and 'microbursts of contempt'
- 'The Good Wife' recap: Sex, secrets, and radical politics
- 'The Good Wife' recap: Michael J. Fox returned: A pest with pesticides?
- Marc Cuban, Ann Coulter join ‘Sharknado 3’ as president and VP