AGE 30 HOMETOWN New York City HER BREAKOUT MOMENT This season’s must-see stage show was Bridge & Tunnel, Jones’ one-woman ode to the immigrant experience. She played a Pakistani poet, a Jewish grandma, and 12 more straight-from-the-melting-pot characters. LESSONS LEARNED FROM TOILING IN OBSCURITY Be flexible. ”I worked as a restaurant hostess — my job was to wear slinky clothes and make people feel inadequate. They said [in a dead-on Brit lilt], ‘We mostly hire British girls,’ so I spoke like this for four months.” RUN, SARAH, RUN! ”When Bush won, I kept thinking, ‘He can run a mile in seven minutes?’ Now I’m obsessed with the treadmill. I see him, Cheney, and Condi Rice next to me, and I think, ‘I’m gonna dust you!’ It’s motivation for Operation: Regime Change 2008.” WHAT’S NEXT Thanks to over-the-moon reviews (and the aid of producer Meryl Streep), Bridge & Tunnel hits Broadway this spring.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!