Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England’s Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes’ first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a Handycam feel. The low-rent approach also means there are no extras, practically unheard of in a format driven by bonuses. But there are lots of close-ups, and together with the stripped-down tunes and visuals, Under Blackpool Lights adds up to an intensely primal at-home concertgoing experience.
Under Blackpool Lights Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England's Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes' first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a...Under Blackpool LightsRock Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England's Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes' first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a...2004-12-13
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): V2
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!