Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England’s Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes’ first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a Handycam feel. The low-rent approach also means there are no extras, practically unheard of in a format driven by bonuses. But there are lots of close-ups, and together with the stripped-down tunes and visuals, Under Blackpool Lights adds up to an intensely primal at-home concertgoing experience.
Under Blackpool Lights Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England's Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes' first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a...Under Blackpool LightsRock Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England's Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes' first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a...2004-12-13
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): V2
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'It Follows' star says response to film has been 'crazy'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!