Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England’s Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes’ first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a Handycam feel. The low-rent approach also means there are no extras, practically unheard of in a format driven by bonuses. But there are lots of close-ups, and together with the stripped-down tunes and visuals, Under Blackpool Lights adds up to an intensely primal at-home concertgoing experience.
Under Blackpool Lights Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England's Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes' first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a...Under Blackpool LightsRock Filmed in January 2004 at Blackpool, England's Empress Ballroom, the White Stripes' first live DVD is as raw as their sound, with grainy footage and a...2004-12-13
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): V2
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!