What’s with that harem of Japanese chicks following Gwen Stefani everywhere she goes? They’re Harajuku girls, part of a schoolgirl subculture (named after a Tokyo shopping district), and now, apparently, Stefani’s muses. She mentions them on ”What You Waiting For?,” the new single from her solo CD Love. Angel. Music. Baby., and they’re all over the video. They even have a song devoted to them (called, yes, ”Harajuku Girls”). The girls dress up like futuristic comic-book heroines in high-fashion-meets-punk getups?knee-high boots, cutesy minidresses, extreme makeup?heaven for a budding designer like Stefani. And they make a wicked stylish entourage. A
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters