What’s with that harem of Japanese chicks following Gwen Stefani everywhere she goes? They’re Harajuku girls, part of a schoolgirl subculture (named after a Tokyo shopping district), and now, apparently, Stefani’s muses. She mentions them on ”What You Waiting For?,” the new single from her solo CD Love. Angel. Music. Baby., and they’re all over the video. They even have a song devoted to them (called, yes, ”Harajuku Girls”). The girls dress up like futuristic comic-book heroines in high-fashion-meets-punk getups?knee-high boots, cutesy minidresses, extreme makeup?heaven for a budding designer like Stefani. And they make a wicked stylish entourage. A
Posted December 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' postmortem: Elizabeth Henstridge talks surprising return
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist