Chris Daugherty beat two tribes of reality-TV backstabbers on Survivor: Vanuatu, but he couldn’t beat the fictional backstabbing suburbanites of Wisteria Lane. According to Nielsen, Sunday’s Survivor finale was the least-watched of all nine editions to date. CBS was still the most-watched network over the course of the evening, and the network did take a bite out of ABC’s Sunday hit Desperate Housewives, whose audience was down 5 million from its season high of 27 million two weeks ago. Still, Housewives stole some of CBS’ thunder, drawing 22.2 million viewers during the 9 p.m. hour, opposite the second hour of the Survivor finale, which drew 20.3 million. (The first hour drew 18.9 million.) Obviously, the Vanuatu vixens should have staged a gown-shredding catfight.
Posted December 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?