Chris Daugherty beat two tribes of reality-TV backstabbers on Survivor: Vanuatu, but he couldn’t beat the fictional backstabbing suburbanites of Wisteria Lane. According to Nielsen, Sunday’s Survivor finale was the least-watched of all nine editions to date. CBS was still the most-watched network over the course of the evening, and the network did take a bite out of ABC’s Sunday hit Desperate Housewives, whose audience was down 5 million from its season high of 27 million two weeks ago. Still, Housewives stole some of CBS’ thunder, drawing 22.2 million viewers during the 9 p.m. hour, opposite the second hour of the Survivor finale, which drew 20.3 million. (The first hour drew 18.9 million.) Obviously, the Vanuatu vixens should have staged a gown-shredding catfight.
Posted December 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mary J. Blige helps out Taraji P. Henson in new 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- See Iceman, Littlefinger in new trailer for Xbox One exclusive 'Quantum Break'
- 'Hannibal' star Hugh Dancy cast in new Hulu series
- Chris Hardwick auditions for 'Fantastic Five,' powers include being a good hugger
- Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series
- Rooster McConaughey says his brother Matthew is welcome on his new show
- Josh Gad says the 'Angry Birds' movie is ‘unexpectedly smart'