Chris Daugherty beat two tribes of reality-TV backstabbers on Survivor: Vanuatu, but he couldn’t beat the fictional backstabbing suburbanites of Wisteria Lane. According to Nielsen, Sunday’s Survivor finale was the least-watched of all nine editions to date. CBS was still the most-watched network over the course of the evening, and the network did take a bite out of ABC’s Sunday hit Desperate Housewives, whose audience was down 5 million from its season high of 27 million two weeks ago. Still, Housewives stole some of CBS’ thunder, drawing 22.2 million viewers during the 9 p.m. hour, opposite the second hour of the Survivor finale, which drew 20.3 million. (The first hour drew 18.9 million.) Obviously, the Vanuatu vixens should have staged a gown-shredding catfight.
Posted December 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!