Chris Daugherty beat two tribes of reality-TV backstabbers on Survivor: Vanuatu, but he couldn’t beat the fictional backstabbing suburbanites of Wisteria Lane. According to Nielsen, Sunday’s Survivor finale was the least-watched of all nine editions to date. CBS was still the most-watched network over the course of the evening, and the network did take a bite out of ABC’s Sunday hit Desperate Housewives, whose audience was down 5 million from its season high of 27 million two weeks ago. Still, Housewives stole some of CBS’ thunder, drawing 22.2 million viewers during the 9 p.m. hour, opposite the second hour of the Survivor finale, which drew 20.3 million. (The first hour drew 18.9 million.) Obviously, the Vanuatu vixens should have staged a gown-shredding catfight.
Posted December 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!