Chris Daugherty beat two tribes of reality-TV backstabbers on Survivor: Vanuatu, but he couldn’t beat the fictional backstabbing suburbanites of Wisteria Lane. According to Nielsen, Sunday’s Survivor finale was the least-watched of all nine editions to date. CBS was still the most-watched network over the course of the evening, and the network did take a bite out of ABC’s Sunday hit Desperate Housewives, whose audience was down 5 million from its season high of 27 million two weeks ago. Still, Housewives stole some of CBS’ thunder, drawing 22.2 million viewers during the 9 p.m. hour, opposite the second hour of the Survivor finale, which drew 20.3 million. (The first hour drew 18.9 million.) Obviously, the Vanuatu vixens should have staged a gown-shredding catfight.
Posted December 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!