Nick Lachey is striking out on his own. Variety reports that Lachey, 31, will star as a baseball player who retires from the game and returns home to his dysfunctional family in an upcoming Fox sitcom, to be written and produced by Etan Cohen (King of the Hill). It’s one of several solo projects in the works for Jessica Simpson’s hubby, including a new album and a new MTV reality show about his search for a new record label deal. (Tentatively titled The Nick Lachey Project, the MTV show is due in March.) Even with all this alone time, Lachey and Jessica Simpson have denied rumors that their marriage is on the rocks; in fact, a new season of their MTV series Newlyweds premieres next month.
Posted December 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy