Nick Lachey is striking out on his own. Variety reports that Lachey, 31, will star as a baseball player who retires from the game and returns home to his dysfunctional family in an upcoming Fox sitcom, to be written and produced by Etan Cohen (King of the Hill). It’s one of several solo projects in the works for Jessica Simpson’s hubby, including a new album and a new MTV reality show about his search for a new record label deal. (Tentatively titled The Nick Lachey Project, the MTV show is due in March.) Even with all this alone time, Lachey and Jessica Simpson have denied rumors that their marriage is on the rocks; in fact, a new season of their MTV series Newlyweds premieres next month.
Posted December 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the first trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'
- NBC's 'The Wiz Live!' finds its Cowardly Lion