Nick Lachey is striking out on his own. Variety reports that Lachey, 31, will star as a baseball player who retires from the game and returns home to his dysfunctional family in an upcoming Fox sitcom, to be written and produced by Etan Cohen (King of the Hill). It’s one of several solo projects in the works for Jessica Simpson’s hubby, including a new album and a new MTV reality show about his search for a new record label deal. (Tentatively titled The Nick Lachey Project, the MTV show is due in March.) Even with all this alone time, Lachey and Jessica Simpson have denied rumors that their marriage is on the rocks; in fact, a new season of their MTV series Newlyweds premieres next month.
Posted December 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead': See the first 4 minutes of the midseason premiere
- How Sarah Wayne Callies saved Carol on 'The Walking Dead'
- Samuel L. Jackson circling role in Stephen King's 'Revival'
- Director of R-rated 'Deadpool' is a great big softy: 'I cry easily'
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- Tilda Swinton is the woman of the century in 'A Bigger Splash' trailer
- See 'Warcraft,' 'Independence Day' toys ahead of Toy Fair 2016
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday