Congratulations to you if you made it through all three hours of the marathon finale of The Apprentice on Thursday. You join a few other hardy souls in that accomplishment; 17 million watched Kelly Perdew’s victory, according to Nielsen. That’s about a 40 percent drop from the 28 million who watched Bill Rancic’s win during the first-season finale last spring. In fact, the show’s ratings overall were down this season, averaging 15.3 million, compared to 20.7 million the first season. The slide is worrisome, not just for NBC, but for Donald Trump; if The Apprentice is canceled, how will he earn a living?
Posted December 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!