Congratulations to you if you made it through all three hours of the marathon finale of The Apprentice on Thursday. You join a few other hardy souls in that accomplishment; 17 million watched Kelly Perdew’s victory, according to Nielsen. That’s about a 40 percent drop from the 28 million who watched Bill Rancic’s win during the first-season finale last spring. In fact, the show’s ratings overall were down this season, averaging 15.3 million, compared to 20.7 million the first season. The slide is worrisome, not just for NBC, but for Donald Trump; if The Apprentice is canceled, how will he earn a living?
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!