Nip/Tuck’s season finale — which revealed that Famke Janssen’s man-eating ”life coach” Ava had once been, in fact, a man — set the standard. Now it seems transsexuals are the new…lesbians? Cold Case’s detectives recently unearthed a home-movie murder victim who looked like a girl but was really a boy, and the CSI gang solved the case of a transgender murder victim. Next up, ER’s Jan. 6. episode will feature real-life transsexual actress Alexandra Billings as a patient with a unique diagnosis. How long before reality TV takes on trannies? ”Men fall in love with a beautiful supermodel…but she’s a dude,” mulls Veena Sud, who wrote the Cold Case episode. ”Oh, God, I hope not.” Until sweeps week anyway.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!