Ex-undercover FBI agent Joe Pistone is best known as Donnie Brasco, while Bill Bonanno once headed the crime family Pistone infiltrated for six years. Their ”novel” is a strange hybrid, a fictional Mob thriller punctuated with autobiographical reflections like ”for six beautiful years I didn’t have to fill out a single form,” and ”mostly the life picked us…. I lived it. I went to prison. I left it.” Weirdly, it sorta works, deftly alternating the point of view between the Italian Mafia and the FBI circa 1985 as the Feds search for a missing Russian-languages professor tied to the brutal Russian Mob. The Good Guys reads so well, you may begin daydreaming about what coulda been had Ness and Capone become pen pals.
The Good Guys Ex-undercover FBI agent Joe Pistone is best known as Donnie Brasco, while Bill Bonanno once headed the crime family Pistone infiltrated for six years....The Good GuysFictionBill Bonanno, David Fisher, Joe Pistone Ex-undercover FBI agent Joe Pistone is best known as Donnie Brasco, while Bill Bonanno once headed the crime family Pistone infiltrated for six years....2004-12-20Warner Books
Genre: Fiction; Author: Bill Bonanno, David Fisher, Joe Pistone; Publisher: Warner Books
Posted December 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- How Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, and other stars are celebrating July 4
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!