Steve Zissou (Bill Murray) is a celebrity oceanographer living off the fumes of his faded reputation. As he embarks on a vengeful shark hunt, Wes Anderson does a water-world variation on The Royal Tenenbaums. Many of the atmospheric details are marvelous, but Murray is scowly-eyed and too one-note in his funk.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Casey Affleck, Scott Caan, Vincent Cassel, Don Cheadle, Robbie Coltrane, Andy Garcia, Elliott Gould, Eddie Izzard, Bernie Mac, Carl Reiner, Catherine Zeta-Jones; Director: Steven Soderbergh; Author: Ted Griffin; Release Date Wide: 12/10/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Werner Herzog got special permits to shoot volcano doc in North Korea
- Star Trek TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers