Steve Zissou (Bill Murray) is a celebrity oceanographer living off the fumes of his faded reputation. As he embarks on a vengeful shark hunt, Wes Anderson does a water-world variation on The Royal Tenenbaums. Many of the atmospheric details are marvelous, but Murray is scowly-eyed and too one-note in his funk.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Casey Affleck, Scott Caan, Vincent Cassel, Don Cheadle, Robbie Coltrane, Andy Garcia, Elliott Gould, Eddie Izzard, Bernie Mac, Carl Reiner, Catherine Zeta-Jones; Director: Steven Soderbergh; Author: Ted Griffin; Release Date Wide: 12/10/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Westworld' trailer: HBO releases intense new footage
- Frank Ocean's 'Blonde' debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200
- 'Ghostbusters' VFX breakdown shows how ghosts are made
- New 'Miss Peregrine's' featurette celebrates film's female characters
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' director says Chris Pratt suggested Kurt Russell
- Tom Hiddleston performs dramatic reading of 'The Night Manager' book
- 'Walking Dead' producer says NBC wanted 'zombie crime' procedural