Steve Zissou (Bill Murray) is a celebrity oceanographer living off the fumes of his faded reputation. As he embarks on a vengeful shark hunt, Wes Anderson does a water-world variation on The Royal Tenenbaums. Many of the atmospheric details are marvelous, but Murray is scowly-eyed and too one-note in his funk.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Casey Affleck, Scott Caan, Vincent Cassel, Don Cheadle, Robbie Coltrane, Andy Garcia, Elliott Gould, Eddie Izzard, Bernie Mac, Carl Reiner, Catherine Zeta-Jones; Director: Steven Soderbergh; Author: Ted Griffin; Release Date Wide: 12/10/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Motörhead cancel three shows following guitarist Phil Campbell's hospitalization
- See Joseph Gordon-Levitt sing 'Fly Me to the Moon' with Miss Piggy
- J.J. Abrams' favorite 'Star Wars' fan theory is...
- 'Anomalisa' featurette highlights patience and precision of stop-motion magic
- Tyrese Gibson on second anniversary of Paul Walker's death
- 'Scream Queens' star Niecy Nash talks Steve Nash, Barack Obama, and CVS coupons
- Keith Richards thinks 'Mick Jagger had nothing to say' on solo records