Steve Zissou (Bill Murray) is a celebrity oceanographer living off the fumes of his faded reputation. As he embarks on a vengeful shark hunt, Wes Anderson does a water-world variation on The Royal Tenenbaums. Many of the atmospheric details are marvelous, but Murray is scowly-eyed and too one-note in his funk.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Casey Affleck, Scott Caan, Vincent Cassel, Don Cheadle, Robbie Coltrane, Andy Garcia, Elliott Gould, Eddie Izzard, Bernie Mac, Carl Reiner, Catherine Zeta-Jones; Director: Steven Soderbergh; Author: Ted Griffin; Release Date Wide: 12/10/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted December 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release