If a man doesn’t call you, he’s just not that into you. If he doesn’t take you on dates, he’s just not that into you. If he doesn’t want to marry you, he’s just not that into you. The advice is refreshingly — and infuriatingly — simple, but the makings of an Oprah-endorsed blockbuster book? That’s what no one expected. Aside from the counsel, He’s Just Not That Into You’s success lies in the snappy back-and-forth between its authors: smug married Greg Behrendt, 41, and singleton Liz Tuccillo, 42. ”You need Greg to be that sure of his message, but then you need somebody whispering in your ear, ‘I understand how hard being single is,”’ says ex-Sex and the City scribe Tuccillo. Behrendt hopes his advice lasts long after the book slips from the best-seller lists. ”I’m psyched because I have two daughters. So when boyfriends show up I’ll say, ‘You read the book, right? So we won’t have any problems, right?”’
Posted December 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'