If a man doesn’t call you, he’s just not that into you. If he doesn’t take you on dates, he’s just not that into you. If he doesn’t want to marry you, he’s just not that into you. The advice is refreshingly — and infuriatingly — simple, but the makings of an Oprah-endorsed blockbuster book? That’s what no one expected. Aside from the counsel, He’s Just Not That Into You’s success lies in the snappy back-and-forth between its authors: smug married Greg Behrendt, 41, and singleton Liz Tuccillo, 42. ”You need Greg to be that sure of his message, but then you need somebody whispering in your ear, ‘I understand how hard being single is,”’ says ex-Sex and the City scribe Tuccillo. Behrendt hopes his advice lasts long after the book slips from the best-seller lists. ”I’m psyched because I have two daughters. So when boyfriends show up I’ll say, ‘You read the book, right? So we won’t have any problems, right?”’
Posted December 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron and Zadan won't return
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!