If a man doesn’t call you, he’s just not that into you. If he doesn’t take you on dates, he’s just not that into you. If he doesn’t want to marry you, he’s just not that into you. The advice is refreshingly — and infuriatingly — simple, but the makings of an Oprah-endorsed blockbuster book? That’s what no one expected. Aside from the counsel, He’s Just Not That Into You’s success lies in the snappy back-and-forth between its authors: smug married Greg Behrendt, 41, and singleton Liz Tuccillo, 42. ”You need Greg to be that sure of his message, but then you need somebody whispering in your ear, ‘I understand how hard being single is,”’ says ex-Sex and the City scribe Tuccillo. Behrendt hopes his advice lasts long after the book slips from the best-seller lists. ”I’m psyched because I have two daughters. So when boyfriends show up I’ll say, ‘You read the book, right? So we won’t have any problems, right?”’
Posted December 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!