If a man doesn’t call you, he’s just not that into you. If he doesn’t take you on dates, he’s just not that into you. If he doesn’t want to marry you, he’s just not that into you. The advice is refreshingly — and infuriatingly — simple, but the makings of an Oprah-endorsed blockbuster book? That’s what no one expected. Aside from the counsel, He’s Just Not That Into You’s success lies in the snappy back-and-forth between its authors: smug married Greg Behrendt, 41, and singleton Liz Tuccillo, 42. ”You need Greg to be that sure of his message, but then you need somebody whispering in your ear, ‘I understand how hard being single is,”’ says ex-Sex and the City scribe Tuccillo. Behrendt hopes his advice lasts long after the book slips from the best-seller lists. ”I’m psyched because I have two daughters. So when boyfriends show up I’ll say, ‘You read the book, right? So we won’t have any problems, right?”’
Posted December 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See an exclusive preview of Leslie Stein's dreamy, gorgeous cartoons from 'Bright-Eyed at Midnight'
- Nicolas Cage talks 'The Runner,' explains why he's not 'a madman'
- Chief Keef releases new mixtape ahead of schedule
- Get your exclusive first look at 'Shadowhunters'
- Grace Potter dishes about her poppiest album yet
- Abbi Jacobson is a 'Dreamgirl' in new 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- Solve Agatha Christie mysteries with this simple formula
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!