Is Liam Neeson king of the biopics? The star of Schindler’s List, Rob Roy, Michael Collins, and Kinsey may face his tallest challenge yet playing Abraham Lincoln. Variety reports that Steven Spielberg, who directed Neeson’s Oscar-nominated performance in Schindler, is in talks with the actor to star in a film focusing on Lincoln’s leadership during the Civil War, based on a biography of the 16th president by historian Doris Kearns Goodwin that’s due out next fall. That’s about when the movie would open as well, if Spielberg begins shooting in January 2006 as planned. Meanwhile, Spielberg has to finish another war movie set on American soil, the alien-invasion saga War of the Worlds, which is supposed to wrap production in March and have the special effects finished in time for a June 29 release. Neeson will be seen on screen this year in Ridley Scott’s Crusades epic Kingdom of Heaven and in Batman Begins.
Posted January 12 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale