The familiar phrase, ”It’s got a good beat, Dick, and you can dance to it,” may take on new meaning this summer. Dick Clark, who heard those words many times on American Bandstand, is teaming up with American Idol creator Simon Fuller to produce a dance competition reality show along the lines of Idol. Details are still sketchy, but Variety reports that the show, tentatively titled Dance Nation, could be airing in primetime by this summer. Amateur hoofers would be asked to dance in a variety of styles. Viewers might be asked to vote for individual dancers or dance pairs. No word on who’ll host the show, but here’s where Paula Abdul’s credentials as a choreographer might really give her some credibility as a judge.
Posted January 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big