Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett’s subject matter for years, and now it looks like he’s after Norah Jones’ tempos. The country hunk’s ultra-mellow new record Be as You Are makes beach living seem like one long hammock nap. Problem is, his sun-baked characters — the Boston transplant, the wistful barmaid, and especially the earnest narrator — are too lazy to be interesting. Bummer. Chesney deserves props for straying from Nashville conservatism, but he’s still a long way from ”Margaritaville.”
Be as You Are: Songs From an Old Blue Chair Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett's subject matter for years, and now it looks like he's after Norah Jones' tempos. The country hunk's ultra...Be as You Are: Songs From an Old Blue ChairCountry Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett's subject matter for years, and now it looks like he's after Norah Jones' tempos. The country hunk's ultra...2005-01-24
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Kenny Chesney; Producer (group): BNA
Posted January 24 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Celebrate Kim and Kanye's wedding anniversary by watching their first dance
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- 'Gilmore Girls' movie? Scott Patterson hints at 'some activity'
- Former Virgins frontman Donald Cumming debuts dreamy ballad 'In The Early Hours' -- exclusive
- 'Star Wars' to screen in China for first time ever
- Art Garfunkel dings Paul Simon in new interview
- Dust off your crayons: Adult coloring books are here
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!