Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett’s subject matter for years, and now it looks like he’s after Norah Jones’ tempos. The country hunk’s ultra-mellow new record Be as You Are makes beach living seem like one long hammock nap. Problem is, his sun-baked characters — the Boston transplant, the wistful barmaid, and especially the earnest narrator — are too lazy to be interesting. Bummer. Chesney deserves props for straying from Nashville conservatism, but he’s still a long way from ”Margaritaville.”
Be as You Are: Songs From an Old Blue Chair Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett's subject matter for years, and now it looks like he's after Norah Jones' tempos. The country hunk's ultra...Be as You Are: Songs From an Old Blue ChairCountry Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett's subject matter for years, and now it looks like he's after Norah Jones' tempos. The country hunk's ultra...2005-01-24
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Kenny Chesney; Producer (group): BNA
Posted January 24 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!