Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett’s subject matter for years, and now it looks like he’s after Norah Jones’ tempos. The country hunk’s ultra-mellow new record Be as You Are makes beach living seem like one long hammock nap. Problem is, his sun-baked characters — the Boston transplant, the wistful barmaid, and especially the earnest narrator — are too lazy to be interesting. Bummer. Chesney deserves props for straying from Nashville conservatism, but he’s still a long way from ”Margaritaville.”
Be as You Are: Songs From an Old Blue Chair Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett's subject matter for years, and now it looks like he's after Norah Jones' tempos. The country hunk's ultra...Be as You Are: Songs From an Old Blue ChairCountry Kenny Chesney has borrowed Jimmy Buffett's subject matter for years, and now it looks like he's after Norah Jones' tempos. The country hunk's ultra...2005-01-24
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Kenny Chesney; Producer (group): BNA
Posted January 24 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- Alicia Keys returns with '28 Thousand Days'
- Jon Stewart reveals his final three 'Daily Show' guests
- 'Key & Peele' have a very 'awkward' conversation about pop-culture opinions
- Starz boss scolds TV critics over HBO 'feud': 'Shame ... behave yourselves'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!