Do you believe in life after touring? It’s a prospect Cher finally appears ready to face. She’s announced the wrap-up date for her Farewell Tour many times, yet the tour has continued on. Now, after three years, 325 shows, and 3,000 costume changes, the 58-year-old performer says she’s finally ready to call it a day. Her final, this-time-I-really-mean-it show has been booked for April 30 at the Hollywood Bowl, where she first performed live with Sonny Bono 40 years ago. (Tickets go on sale Feb. 7.) ”I have lots more things I want to do in my career,” Cher said in a statement, ”but as far as ever going on the road again, this is it.” Possible projects on her plate include a new album, a movie musical, and other film and TV projects, she says. We’ll wait for a Cher reality show — that’s about the only thing in showbiz she hasn’t done yet.
Posted February 1 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meet the Grammys' 2017 Best New Artist nominees
- 'New Girl': Megan Fox returns in exclusive photos of Christmas episode
- Melissa Etheridge premieres soulful video for 'Respect Yourself'
- 'The Bachelor'-inspired wine collection includes 'The Final Rosé'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator teases how the pilot inspired episode 100
- Grammy nominations 2017: Kelly Clarkson, The Chainsmokers, more react
- 'Stranger Things' soundtracks score Grammy nods
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans