What would a new season of Fox’s American Idol be without some off-key controversy? The Internet’s already buzzing about two auditions, the first involving the 27-year-old Boyz II Men-lovin’ Molfetta twins, who owe their screen time to an age-limit increase from 24 to 28. Apparently, Rich and J.P. released an R&B/ pop album, When the Smoke Clears, in 1998 on an indie label. But wait, isn’t the show supposed to be for amateurs only? ”The rule is that you cannot currently be signed to a management or recording contract,” says a rep for the show. ”Whatever they’ve done in the past is a moot point.” So what about recent reject Robert Solomon (a.k.a. the Lonely Projectionist)? He claims on his personal blog, http:// poodleface.livejournal. com, that he actually sang his ear-splitting rendition of ”Dancing in the Street” in front of two British producers — not Simon Cowell & Co. Yet on the Jan. 25 episode, Cowell seemed to be panning the number in person. ”The performance that aired was part of Robert’s audition process,” say producers. ”Each contestant goes through several filmed auditions as they advance.” A reply that doesn’t quite make our cut.
Posted February 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Chris Messina in talks to join Ben Affleck's Live By Night
- Minions clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!