What would a new season of Fox’s American Idol be without some off-key controversy? The Internet’s already buzzing about two auditions, the first involving the 27-year-old Boyz II Men-lovin’ Molfetta twins, who owe their screen time to an age-limit increase from 24 to 28. Apparently, Rich and J.P. released an R&B/ pop album, When the Smoke Clears, in 1998 on an indie label. But wait, isn’t the show supposed to be for amateurs only? ”The rule is that you cannot currently be signed to a management or recording contract,” says a rep for the show. ”Whatever they’ve done in the past is a moot point.” So what about recent reject Robert Solomon (a.k.a. the Lonely Projectionist)? He claims on his personal blog, http:// poodleface.livejournal. com, that he actually sang his ear-splitting rendition of ”Dancing in the Street” in front of two British producers — not Simon Cowell & Co. Yet on the Jan. 25 episode, Cowell seemed to be panning the number in person. ”The performance that aired was part of Robert’s audition process,” say producers. ”Each contestant goes through several filmed auditions as they advance.” A reply that doesn’t quite make our cut.
Posted February 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- Channing Tatum is (still) doing the 'Gambit' movie
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!