Before you tuck into Luncheonette, you should know about porkroll. You’ll find it only in New Jersey, and it’s all over Steven Sorrentino’s memoir of the years he spent serving up the signature ham at his dad’s diner, Clint’s Corner. When his father becomes confined to a wheelchair, Sorrentino leaves NYC for West Long Branch. And he stays, bound by guilt, filial devotion, and his own fragile sense of self. Inconceivably, the old man flourishes, holding court at the Corner, triumphing over a stroke, becoming mayor. Through it all, Steven displays a surprising lack of bile: Where is his anger toward Dad? The bitterness over his never-made-it stint as an actor, or his suddenly closeted-again sexuality? Like a porkroll-egg-and-cheese without pork, Luncheonette could use more meat.
Luncheonette Before you tuck into Luncheonette, you should know about porkroll. You'll find it only in New Jersey, and it's all over Steven...LuncheonetteNonfictionSteven Sorrentino Before you tuck into Luncheonette, you should know about porkroll. You'll find it only in New Jersey, and it's all over Steven...2005-02-07Regan Books
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Steven Sorrentino; Publisher: Regan Books
Posted February 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!