Going for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack’s latest, There’s More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in Memphis and Dolly in Nashville. It’s a patient album, content to float the singer’s soprano over pretty melodies that billow like curtains in the breeze. The music serves the lyrics, which dwell on loving, leaving, and aging. More isn’t especially cute, nor is it fancy. But it feels the way old country feels. That is, real.
There's More Where That Came FromGoing for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack's latest, There's More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in...There's More Where That Came FromCountryGoing for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack's latest, There's More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in...2005-02-07
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lee Ann Womack; Producer (group): MCA Nashville
Posted February 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...