Going for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack’s latest, There’s More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in Memphis and Dolly in Nashville. It’s a patient album, content to float the singer’s soprano over pretty melodies that billow like curtains in the breeze. The music serves the lyrics, which dwell on loving, leaving, and aging. More isn’t especially cute, nor is it fancy. But it feels the way old country feels. That is, real.
There's More Where That Came FromGoing for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack's latest, There's More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in...There's More Where That Came FromCountryGoing for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack's latest, There's More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in...2005-02-07
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lee Ann Womack; Producer (group): MCA Nashville
Posted February 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!