Going for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack’s latest, There’s More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in Memphis and Dolly in Nashville. It’s a patient album, content to float the singer’s soprano over pretty melodies that billow like curtains in the breeze. The music serves the lyrics, which dwell on loving, leaving, and aging. More isn’t especially cute, nor is it fancy. But it feels the way old country feels. That is, real.
There's More Where That Came FromGoing for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack's latest, There's More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in...There's More Where That Came FromCountryGoing for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack's latest, There's More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in...2005-02-07
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lee Ann Womack; Producer (group): MCA Nashville; Status: In Season
Posted February 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!