Going for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack’s latest, There’s More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in Memphis and Dolly in Nashville. It’s a patient album, content to float the singer’s soprano over pretty melodies that billow like curtains in the breeze. The music serves the lyrics, which dwell on loving, leaving, and aging. More isn’t especially cute, nor is it fancy. But it feels the way old country feels. That is, real.
There's More Where That Came FromGoing for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack's latest, There's More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in...There's More Where That Came FromCountryGoing for a distinctly retro vibe, Lee Ann Womack's latest, There's More Where That Came From, splits the difference between Dusty in...2005-02-07
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Lee Ann Womack; Producer (group): MCA Nashville
Posted February 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!