Amanda Peet lives in fear. On the set of A Lot Like Love, a romance of mismatched ambitions and expectations, she did the unthinkable: She punked costar Ashton Kutcher. ”I put shaving cream all over his Escalade. And wrote Punk’d in it,” says the actress. ”And then I did it again on my last day of shooting.” She currently awaits the inevitable retaliation: ”The silence is deafening.” Granted, this was in retaliation for Kutcher TP-ing her yard during a party. ”I was there, and Demi’s girls were with me,” Kutcher explains. He enjoys teaching girlfriend Moore’s brood about the finer things in life, including the miracle of two-ply. And besides: ”They were getting bored. That’s how I entertain the kids.” Somewhere in the midst of all this madness, the two managed to shoot a movie ”about two people who love each other but have really bad timing,” says Peet. ”It’s not a very broad comedy. Ashton’s so good. I fell in love with him all over again when I saw it. Then I was a little scared that he’s so much better than I am. So I went from having a crush on him to feeling really competitive.” Could this be the greatest punk of all?
Posted February 10 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Looking back on Carole King's 'Tapestry' 45 years later
- Civilians to pose as prisoners for new A&E docuseries '60 Days In'
- Cassie Clare sued for copyright infringement over Shadowhunter series
- 'The Flash' ratings jump to 14-month high for Earth-2 reveal
- 'OUAT' bosses reunite with Elizabeth Mitchell, Lail for 'Dead of Summer'
- How 'Vinyl' star Bobby Cannavale tormented the director of 'Ant-Man'
- Frank Grillo fights to protect a senator in 'The Purge: Election Year' trailer
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday