Miramax isn’t known for — how to put it? — subtlety in its Oscar campaigns. But in a turnaround, the studio has gone virtually subliminal in touting Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator. Note the music in a new TV spot: ”Intermezzo” from Mascagni’s opera Cavalleria Rusticana. That’s right, the theme from Scorsese’s notoriously overlooked Raging Bull. ”It’s a classy spot that speaks to the tone of the movie,” demurs Miramax spokesperson Amanda Lundberg. Plus, if you play it backward, it whispers, ”Marty was robbed.”
Posted February 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Sherlock' panel reveals 3 key names to tease season 4
- Miles Teller joins Keith Urban onstage for 'My Girl'
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Supernatural' reveals Sam's fate
- Leslie Jones calls for peace after racist Twitter posts: 'Hug someone'
- Selena Gomez says she needs to 'rethink some areas' of her life
- 'Vixen' season 2: The Flash and Firestorm return in Comic-Con clip
- 'Sherlock' season 4 first trailer