Miramax isn’t known for — how to put it? — subtlety in its Oscar campaigns. But in a turnaround, the studio has gone virtually subliminal in touting Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator. Note the music in a new TV spot: ”Intermezzo” from Mascagni’s opera Cavalleria Rusticana. That’s right, the theme from Scorsese’s notoriously overlooked Raging Bull. ”It’s a classy spot that speaks to the tone of the movie,” demurs Miramax spokesperson Amanda Lundberg. Plus, if you play it backward, it whispers, ”Marty was robbed.”
Posted February 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel