Miramax isn’t known for — how to put it? — subtlety in its Oscar campaigns. But in a turnaround, the studio has gone virtually subliminal in touting Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator. Note the music in a new TV spot: ”Intermezzo” from Mascagni’s opera Cavalleria Rusticana. That’s right, the theme from Scorsese’s notoriously overlooked Raging Bull. ”It’s a classy spot that speaks to the tone of the movie,” demurs Miramax spokesperson Amanda Lundberg. Plus, if you play it backward, it whispers, ”Marty was robbed.”
Posted February 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!