In a TV landscape filled with impossibly well-dressed lawyers, doctors, even housewives, NBC’s suburban mother and psychic on Medium deserves credit for keeping it real. Patricia Arquette’s crime-fighting seer (based on medium Allison DuBois, a consultant on the show) dons mom-like comfy sweaters and non-skintight denim. ”I didn’t want [her to be] some lady who was shopping all the time,” says Arquette. ”[Allison] spends more money on her kids than herself.” Apparently, Arquette’s pulled off the look: ”People tell us we look alike,” says DuBois.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!