Heading toward eternal damnation and don’t have a thing to wear? Take a cue from the snappy dressers in the heaven-versus-hell action flick Constantine. ”[Director] Francis Lawrence really wanted me to capture the off-kilterness of having hell in L.A.,” says costume designer Louise Frogley (Spy Game, Traffic), who dressed Keanu Reeves’ antihero in early-’60s-inspired slim black pants, skinny ties, and a sleek, short raincoat — not exactly sunny L.A. gear, but just right for a resuscitated warrior seeking salvation. As for Gavin Rossdale’s demon, Balthazar, Frogley remembered the ’80s with a sharply cut cashmere pin-striped suit: ”I wanted him to look like a horrible English sybarite bastard, very aggressively right-wing,” she laughs. If you’re gonna be damned, you might as well be damned hot.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards: The Winners
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!