Heading toward eternal damnation and don’t have a thing to wear? Take a cue from the snappy dressers in the heaven-versus-hell action flick Constantine. ”[Director] Francis Lawrence really wanted me to capture the off-kilterness of having hell in L.A.,” says costume designer Louise Frogley (Spy Game, Traffic), who dressed Keanu Reeves’ antihero in early-’60s-inspired slim black pants, skinny ties, and a sleek, short raincoat — not exactly sunny L.A. gear, but just right for a resuscitated warrior seeking salvation. As for Gavin Rossdale’s demon, Balthazar, Frogley remembered the ’80s with a sharply cut cashmere pin-striped suit: ”I wanted him to look like a horrible English sybarite bastard, very aggressively right-wing,” she laughs. If you’re gonna be damned, you might as well be damned hot.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!