Heading toward eternal damnation and don’t have a thing to wear? Take a cue from the snappy dressers in the heaven-versus-hell action flick Constantine. ”[Director] Francis Lawrence really wanted me to capture the off-kilterness of having hell in L.A.,” says costume designer Louise Frogley (Spy Game, Traffic), who dressed Keanu Reeves’ antihero in early-’60s-inspired slim black pants, skinny ties, and a sleek, short raincoat — not exactly sunny L.A. gear, but just right for a resuscitated warrior seeking salvation. As for Gavin Rossdale’s demon, Balthazar, Frogley remembered the ’80s with a sharply cut cashmere pin-striped suit: ”I wanted him to look like a horrible English sybarite bastard, very aggressively right-wing,” she laughs. If you’re gonna be damned, you might as well be damned hot.
Posted February 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Best moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunited with her kids
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!