Marxists of the Groucho variety, the Yes Men are a low-key Mission: Impossible-like squad of practical jokers who play pranks on the World Trade Organization, President Bush, and other pillars of the establishment. The leisurely, unobtrusively directed doc follows the ringleaders, Andy Bichlbaum and Mike Bonanno, as they journey to three continents to impersonate WTO officials. The guys aren’t in it for the chicks; they believe the WTO promotes the rich at the poor’s expense, and through their elaborate masquerades they deliver that message. At one forum, Bichlbaum, pretending to be a WTO textile expert, yanks off his clothes revealing a gold jumpsuit (he dubs it the WTO’s ”Management Leisure Suit”) that features a large inflatable phallus-shaped control panel through which he pretends to manipulate Third World workers via satellite (and, thus, screw them at the same time). These deadpan Men are amusing, ingenious, and only a bit didactic. EXTRAS (Rightly) deleted scenes; commentary by Bichlbaum and Bonanno for wonks only.
The Yes Men Marxists of the Groucho variety, the Yes Men are a low-key Mission: Impossible-like squad of practical jokers who play pranks on the World ...The Yes MenDocumentaryPT83M Marxists of the Groucho variety, the Yes Men are a low-key Mission: Impossible-like squad of practical jokers who play pranks on the World ...2005-02-14United Artists (MGM)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Dan Ollman, Sarah Price, Chris Smith; Runtime (in minutes): 83; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted February 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!