Marxists of the Groucho variety, the Yes Men are a low-key Mission: Impossible-like squad of practical jokers who play pranks on the World Trade Organization, President Bush, and other pillars of the establishment. The leisurely, unobtrusively directed doc follows the ringleaders, Andy Bichlbaum and Mike Bonanno, as they journey to three continents to impersonate WTO officials. The guys aren’t in it for the chicks; they believe the WTO promotes the rich at the poor’s expense, and through their elaborate masquerades they deliver that message. At one forum, Bichlbaum, pretending to be a WTO textile expert, yanks off his clothes revealing a gold jumpsuit (he dubs it the WTO’s ”Management Leisure Suit”) that features a large inflatable phallus-shaped control panel through which he pretends to manipulate Third World workers via satellite (and, thus, screw them at the same time). These deadpan Men are amusing, ingenious, and only a bit didactic. EXTRAS (Rightly) deleted scenes; commentary by Bichlbaum and Bonanno for wonks only.
The Yes Men Marxists of the Groucho variety, the Yes Men are a low-key Mission: Impossible-like squad of practical jokers who play pranks on the World ...The Yes MenDocumentaryPT83M Marxists of the Groucho variety, the Yes Men are a low-key Mission: Impossible-like squad of practical jokers who play pranks on the World ...2005-02-14United Artists (MGM)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Dan Ollman, Sarah Price, Chris Smith; Runtime (in minutes): 83; Distributor: United Artists (MGM)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- Fox cancels The Mindy Project
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on how to make the perfect finale (when Nina Dobrev is leaving)
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- 'Survivor' fan-voted 'Second Chance' season: Jeff Probst explains it all
- 'Scandal': Will Mellie actually win the election?
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!