Hollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user’s manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering everything from the basic linguistics of the business (”pitch,” ”greenlight,” ”creative differences,” all the studio-speak buzzwords are in here) to elementary film-industry economics (it’s all about DVD sales) to the psycho-sociological significance of status totems among celebrities (e.g., why they so love their private jets). Keep it in your car along with the latest Thomas Guide, and you’ll never get lost in this town again.
The Big PictureHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...The Big PictureNonfictionEdward Jay EpsteinHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...2005-02-16Random House
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Edward Jay Epstein; Publisher: Random House
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally cancel Indiana show
- 'The Flash': THAT unmasked man on shocking Reverse Flash twist
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!