Hollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user’s manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering everything from the basic linguistics of the business (”pitch,” ”greenlight,” ”creative differences,” all the studio-speak buzzwords are in here) to elementary film-industry economics (it’s all about DVD sales) to the psycho-sociological significance of status totems among celebrities (e.g., why they so love their private jets). Keep it in your car along with the latest Thomas Guide, and you’ll never get lost in this town again.
The Big PictureHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...The Big PictureNonfictionEdward Jay EpsteinHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...2005-02-16Random House
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Edward Jay Epstein; Publisher: Random House
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!