Hollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user’s manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering everything from the basic linguistics of the business (”pitch,” ”greenlight,” ”creative differences,” all the studio-speak buzzwords are in here) to elementary film-industry economics (it’s all about DVD sales) to the psycho-sociological significance of status totems among celebrities (e.g., why they so love their private jets). Keep it in your car along with the latest Thomas Guide, and you’ll never get lost in this town again.
The Big PictureHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...The Big PictureNonfictionEdward Jay EpsteinHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...2005-02-16Random House
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Edward Jay Epstein; Publisher: Random House
Posted February 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Angela Bassett speaks out against gun violence at DNC
- Donald Trump thanks police, attacks 'Crooked Hillary' in Reddit AMA
- Lee Daniels makes impassioned plea for gun control reform at DNC
- Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron's DNC video
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels