Hollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user’s manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering everything from the basic linguistics of the business (”pitch,” ”greenlight,” ”creative differences,” all the studio-speak buzzwords are in here) to elementary film-industry economics (it’s all about DVD sales) to the psycho-sociological significance of status totems among celebrities (e.g., why they so love their private jets). Keep it in your car along with the latest Thomas Guide, and you’ll never get lost in this town again.
The Big PictureHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...The Big PictureNonfictionEdward Jay EpsteinHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...2005-02-16Random House
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Edward Jay Epstein; Publisher: Random House
Posted February 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Penny Dreadful' postmortem: Showrunner John Logan breaks down Vanessa's 'desolate' decision
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!