Hollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user’s manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering everything from the basic linguistics of the business (”pitch,” ”greenlight,” ”creative differences,” all the studio-speak buzzwords are in here) to elementary film-industry economics (it’s all about DVD sales) to the psycho-sociological significance of status totems among celebrities (e.g., why they so love their private jets). Keep it in your car along with the latest Thomas Guide, and you’ll never get lost in this town again.
The Big PictureHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...The Big PictureNonfictionEdward Jay EpsteinHollywood has needed one of these for a long time — a user's manual. This one could not be more complete — or readable — covering...2005-02-16Random House
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Edward Jay Epstein; Publisher: Random House
Posted February 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!