It’s not every day Scott Weiland takes the time to match his hair to Slash’s shirt, but mere Manic Panic couldn’t top the hip-hop nation’s red-carpet showing at the Grammys Feb. 13, where the tailoring was so nice, even Lil Jon’s pimp-juice goblet looked classy. ”We decided this would be the day that we’re gonna get dressed up,” said Nelly of the sea of pinstripes and pocket squares. If only he’d called Usher before leaving home — they both showed up in blue jackets, just one of many fashion double takes. Other repeat offenders: Faith Hill and Lisa Marie Presley in too-short fringe; Ellen DeGeneres and Kevin Bacon in blazers over tees; and Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, and J. Lo going backless. Keys and her impeccable styling won the dress-off, but a post-chemo Melissa Etheridge had us singing Annie: You’re never fully dressed without a smile.
Posted February 21 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hermione's house from the Harry Potter movies is for sale
- Dwayne Johnson shares first look at Nick Jonas in 'Jumanji'
- Honest Trailers illuminates Glenn Close's random 'Warcraft' cameo
- The Rock, Katy Perry, and more: All the celebrities urging you to vote
- Tim Burton gave Samuel L. Jackson a very special personalized pillow
- 'The Strain' renewed for a fourth and final season
- Justin Theroux comments on Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's divorce