It’s not every day Scott Weiland takes the time to match his hair to Slash’s shirt, but mere Manic Panic couldn’t top the hip-hop nation’s red-carpet showing at the Grammys Feb. 13, where the tailoring was so nice, even Lil Jon’s pimp-juice goblet looked classy. ”We decided this would be the day that we’re gonna get dressed up,” said Nelly of the sea of pinstripes and pocket squares. If only he’d called Usher before leaving home — they both showed up in blue jackets, just one of many fashion double takes. Other repeat offenders: Faith Hill and Lisa Marie Presley in too-short fringe; Ellen DeGeneres and Kevin Bacon in blazers over tees; and Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, and J. Lo going backless. Keys and her impeccable styling won the dress-off, but a post-chemo Melissa Etheridge had us singing Annie: You’re never fully dressed without a smile.
Posted February 21 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- A deep dive into season 3 of 'Black Mirror’
- WATCH: Amazon's 'Red Oaks' gets vintage 1985 TV commercial
- 'Timeless': See a script page from the James Bond-inspired episode
- Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard go in for a kiss on new 'Allied' poster
- The men of 'Law & Order: SVU' come together for sexual assault PSA
- Bill Hader, Nicole Byer target ‘the youth’ with voting PSA
- Malcolm Gladwell is Gucci Mane's 'favorite author'