Angelina Jolie’s next A-list romantic partner may be Jim Carrey. Variety reports that Universal has purchased a romantic comedy screenplay written with the two stars in mind. According to the paper, Carrey and Jolie had both expressed a desire to work together, and both have shown interest in the Universal script, written by Gina Wendkos, screenwriter of the Princess Diaries movies. Neither star is formally attached to the project yet, but a comedy would be a novelty to Jolie. The Oscar winner has proven her versatility but has been everything but funny — unless you count her thickly accented performance as Colin Farrell’s mom in Alexander.
(Angelina Jolie: Domenico Stinellis/AP)
Posted February 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!