Angelina Jolie’s next A-list romantic partner may be Jim Carrey. Variety reports that Universal has purchased a romantic comedy screenplay written with the two stars in mind. According to the paper, Carrey and Jolie had both expressed a desire to work together, and both have shown interest in the Universal script, written by Gina Wendkos, screenwriter of the Princess Diaries movies. Neither star is formally attached to the project yet, but a comedy would be a novelty to Jolie. The Oscar winner has proven her versatility but has been everything but funny — unless you count her thickly accented performance as Colin Farrell’s mom in Alexander.
(Angelina Jolie: Domenico Stinellis/AP)
Posted February 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?
- Katy Perry is selling Left Shark onesies now
- Mark Cuban, Ann Coulter in ‘Sharknado 3’
- 'Real Housewives' trailer: Bethenny's back
- Fall 2015 TV pilots: Updated full list
- Ellie Goulding: 'Voice' Team Adam adviser
- 'Empire' star Taraji P. Henson on origins of 'Boo Boo Kitty’