Angelina Jolie’s next A-list romantic partner may be Jim Carrey. Variety reports that Universal has purchased a romantic comedy screenplay written with the two stars in mind. According to the paper, Carrey and Jolie had both expressed a desire to work together, and both have shown interest in the Universal script, written by Gina Wendkos, screenwriter of the Princess Diaries movies. Neither star is formally attached to the project yet, but a comedy would be a novelty to Jolie. The Oscar winner has proven her versatility but has been everything but funny — unless you count her thickly accented performance as Colin Farrell’s mom in Alexander.
(Angelina Jolie: Domenico Stinellis/AP)
Posted February 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?