Angelina Jolie’s next A-list romantic partner may be Jim Carrey. Variety reports that Universal has purchased a romantic comedy screenplay written with the two stars in mind. According to the paper, Carrey and Jolie had both expressed a desire to work together, and both have shown interest in the Universal script, written by Gina Wendkos, screenwriter of the Princess Diaries movies. Neither star is formally attached to the project yet, but a comedy would be a novelty to Jolie. The Oscar winner has proven her versatility but has been everything but funny — unless you count her thickly accented performance as Colin Farrell’s mom in Alexander.
(Angelina Jolie: Domenico Stinellis/AP)
Posted February 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: M. Night Shyamalan's new supernatural thriller adds four actors
- 'Chicago Fire' recap: 'Let it Burn'
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Pig Out'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' EP to produce 'Famous in Love' drama pilot starring Bella Thorne
- 'Arrow' actor Neal McDonough on bringing Damien Darhk to life
- Lamar Odom hospitalized after he was found unconscious at brothel
- E! is going to spin off 'Botched'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6