Since backing Lisa Loeb in the early-’90s paisley mainstream, Ida’s Daniel Littleton and Elizabeth Mitchell have made quiet albums about simple desires: love, stability, understanding. Their eighth studio effort, the soft-focused Heart Like a River, similarly drifts inward, inventorying a relationship’s peccadilloes while pianos plunk and guitars sigh in stunners like ”Sundown” and ”What Can I Do?” The duo’s voices may be muted by the small tragedies of heartache, but their resolve rings strong and true.
Heart Like a River Since backing Lisa Loeb in the early-'90s paisley mainstream, Ida's Daniel Littleton and Elizabeth Mitchell have made quiet albums about simple...Heart Like a River Since backing Lisa Loeb in the early-'90s paisley mainstream, Ida's Daniel Littleton and Elizabeth Mitchell have made quiet albums about simple...2005-02-28
Producer (group): Polyvinyl
Posted February 28 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- Joe Biden calls out Donald Trump's 'malarkey' in blistering speech
- Audra McDonald, Idina Menzel, Darren Criss, more sing at DNC
- ‘Wayward Pines’ finale postmortem: EP on what that last scene means
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels