Since backing Lisa Loeb in the early-’90s paisley mainstream, Ida’s Daniel Littleton and Elizabeth Mitchell have made quiet albums about simple desires: love, stability, understanding. Their eighth studio effort, the soft-focused Heart Like a River, similarly drifts inward, inventorying a relationship’s peccadilloes while pianos plunk and guitars sigh in stunners like ”Sundown” and ”What Can I Do?” The duo’s voices may be muted by the small tragedies of heartache, but their resolve rings strong and true.
Heart Like a River Since backing Lisa Loeb in the early-'90s paisley mainstream, Ida's Daniel Littleton and Elizabeth Mitchell have made quiet albums about simple...Heart Like a River Since backing Lisa Loeb in the early-'90s paisley mainstream, Ida's Daniel Littleton and Elizabeth Mitchell have made quiet albums about simple...2005-02-28
Producer (group): Polyvinyl
Posted February 28 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!