The line between mainstream country and alt hasn’t always been clearly demarcated, but it’s avoided altogether by Jessi Alexander, a newcomer who has written singles for Patty Loveless and others. Her winsome throatiness takes you to a West Tennessee summer in the lazily ambrosial title track. Only misstep: the tortured domestic ballad ”Unfulfilled.” Aiming for world-weariness, it instead reveals Alexander as too green to realize the chorus’ chief chained-ankles-‘n’-hearts simile is right out of the Eagles’ ”Those Shoes.”
Honeysuckle Sweet The line between mainstream country and alt hasn't always been clearly demarcated, but it's avoided altogether by Jessi Alexander, a newcomer who has ...Honeysuckle Sweet The line between mainstream country and alt hasn't always been clearly demarcated, but it's avoided altogether by Jessi Alexander, a newcomer who has ...2005-02-28
Lead Performer: Jessi Alexander
Posted February 28 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!