The line between mainstream country and alt hasn’t always been clearly demarcated, but it’s avoided altogether by Jessi Alexander, a newcomer who has written singles for Patty Loveless and others. Her winsome throatiness takes you to a West Tennessee summer in the lazily ambrosial title track. Only misstep: the tortured domestic ballad ”Unfulfilled.” Aiming for world-weariness, it instead reveals Alexander as too green to realize the chorus’ chief chained-ankles-‘n’-hearts simile is right out of the Eagles’ ”Those Shoes.”
Honeysuckle Sweet The line between mainstream country and alt hasn't always been clearly demarcated, but it's avoided altogether by Jessi Alexander, a newcomer who has ...Honeysuckle Sweet The line between mainstream country and alt hasn't always been clearly demarcated, but it's avoided altogether by Jessi Alexander, a newcomer who has ...2005-02-28
Lead Performer: Jessi Alexander
Posted February 28 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!